COP conversion harness vs full conversion

Daniel_Mc

Established Member
What issues are people having with the Red Monster COP harness? Is it just the wasted spark? I have a boosted setup and the harness but never installed it (still attempting to get the car to run and dealing with other issues).

-Daniel

mgt351

Established Member
What issues are people having with the Red Monster COP harness? Is it just the wasted spark? I have a boosted setup and the harness but never installed it (still attempting to get the car to run and dealing with other issues).

-Daniel
Mine was falling on its face around 5200 and going lean @16.5 lb boost
I don’t believe it’s his harness specifically causing the issue I think it’s the wasted spark trying to run 8 individual coils
My advice to you is stick with what you know is working till you have it dialed in then maybe try it.
My whole car was a new setup so lots of trouble shooting on various things to get it lined out

Last edited:

nomoretickets

Established Member
From what I understand, there can be spark blowout on boosted setups with the plug and play harness. Something to do with not enough charge for the coils? I've never dug into it but there have been a few threads that have discussed this in depth.

Users who are viewing this thread