Cooling fan options

KDog

Established Member
Silly question, but the dealership tells me my coolant fan bearings are shot. Since they're going to charge me 3x the price of an assembly anyway, I thought I'd see if there were any aftermarket options available which may perform a little better/more efficient or last a little longer?

svt2ner

Established Member
Autozone has the stock fan for about $180 and also Gopart has the stock fan for $92. I actually have the $92 fan in my car now and works perfect.

camp upshur

Established Member
The Lincoln Mark VIII fan is THE upgrade. It requires a little ambition. Fitment and switching are minor problems which can be resolved. There are an number of threads which address this. The downside is that it does use electricity and these cars are alternator limited.

Evans does not make nor address the fan issue on these cars. I run a full Evans system. Evans addresses coolant media, pump output, coolant flow and eliminates overheating although your engine will run warmer with NPG.

Last edited:

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Hmm, looking at that, maybe they're not charging me as much as I thought. :)

Yeah, it will be worth a look so you can see. I know the OEM stuff aren't as cheap as aftermarket, but just something to check. It's cool that there are '03-'04 Cobras out in Hawaii!

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread