Coolest LS swap? BRZ/FS-R

truefiveo

Established Member
Funniest comment Ive read

Jacinth Gudetti
Ls swaps are just lazy. Work with the car's real heart and stop changing its nature! Check out Crawford performance's modified BRZ with the ORIGINAL engine.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Holy crap on the price. The AEV 6.1 Hemi swap kit that was in my '08 JK Wrangler Unlimited didn't even cost that. And it was a complete kit with pcm, harness, mounts, coolant bottle, everything but a few brackets and an engine/tranny.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
3368615.jpg

AAG

Established Member
really cool, i'd like to see the BRZ w/ an STi motor:dancenana:

The current STI motor is not that great. The FA20 in the BRZ likes boost and adding a turbo kit would make more sense.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
those little cars have grown on me...wish the new mustang was about that size to get back to its roots.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
The current STI motor is not that great. The FA20 in the BRZ likes boost and adding a turbo kit would make more sense.

Even at an 11:1 compression ratio?

those little cars have grown on me...wish the new mustang was about that size to get back to its roots.

THIS

give me a brz with 350hp over a mustang with 420 just for the size

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Even at an 11:1 compression ratio?

Why not? The new coyotes are 11:1ish CR and love boost. The higher CR just means you dont have to run 20-25psi to get the results you can at 10psi, the downside is your tune needs to be more spot on as the higher CR means there is less head room for the rods to withstand

give me a brz with 350hp over a mustang with 420 just for the size

Even with only 200hp these cars arent slugs. Like others have stated, you can boost them and get mid-high 200s and be completely satisfied. Theyre nimble little ****ers. Interior sucks ballsack imo but the feel you get driving one makes up for it.

If one comes for sale low $20's in burnt orange color im buying one.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Looks like a Solstice, IMO.

LOL

Why not? The new coyotes are 11:1ish CR and love boost. The higher CR just means you dont have to run 20-25psi to get the results you can at 10psi, the downside is your tune needs to be more spot on as the higher CR means there is less head room for the rods to withstand

Even with only 200hp these cars arent slugs. Like others have stated, you can boost them and get mid-high 200s and be completely satisfied. Theyre nimble little ****ers. Interior sucks ballsack imo but the feel you get driving one makes up for it.

If one comes for sale low $20's in burnt orange color im buying one.

I guess but still I wouldnt want to boost it if it was my DD

they are FUN cars no doubt, perfect first cars. I think they can be made better with about 350 hp, same car with an Ls1

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
LOL

I guess but still I wouldnt want to boost it if it was my DD

they are FUN cars no doubt, perfect first cars. I think they can be made better with about 350 hp, same car with an Ls1

I would, just not enough boost to stress the motor, and id make sure my tune was on the rich side to mitigate knock/predetonation.

96 cobra

Established Member
I'd be completely happy w/ toyota's current V6 under the hood...

EDIT for stats...

In last year's camry (3,407lbs)
- 268 hp, 248 lb-ft
- 14.3 @101mph

Imagine what it could do in the 2,770 lb FRS, a loss of 630+lbs :)

Last edited:

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Pretty cool I did see a Mazda miata with a ls7 in it at the Charlotte show this weekend. Along with a caprice wagon with a turbo ls6

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

Users who are viewing this thread