Coolest Cop ever

raustin0017

Established Member
Headed home Saturday afternoon down Dorchester Road (4-lane divided, speed limit 50mph). Was sitting at the Red Light in the right lane, no cars in front of me and a Dorchester County Sheriff Dodge Charger pulls up along side. Got my windows down listening to Aerosmith. Look over and the young Deputy gives a thumbs up and I turn off the tunes. He says, "sounds good is it fast?" I tell him thanks and no so fast in Dorchester County. He laughs and the light turns green. He takes off in the Charger and I'm about 1 car length behind and pull up along side at 45 mph in 2nd gear and blip the throttle. He gives a thumbs up and floors his heavy beast and I stay next to him until 70 and grab third. We come up on the next light and come to a stop again. He is smiling and tells me my car sounds bad ass and he can hear the supercharger whine when I was beside him. The light turns green and he floors the White & Blue and takes off. I get up along side him again and we are running 50 mph and I'm in 2nd. He tells me to get on it hard. So...whats a guy to do? I nail it and spin, grab 3rd and spin all the way to 90 and then back down to 60 and he catches up with a huge grin but not as big as mine. Was a great day and my wife asked when I was going to grow up? I hope never.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Most cops are regular guys just trying to make it home at the end of the day.

Work on South Side of Chicago and Im walking out one night last fall. There's a busy intersection in front my job and I hear a V8 revving madly but can't really see. Anyway the light changes and I hear tires squeal and a deep roar. Finally get a look and it's a SRT8 Cherokee running an EcoBoost Explorer squad car! It's a 35mph in front work and they were easily at 60+ and gaining. Sounded awesome!

SixPak

Established Member
I had just done a rebuild on my '72 SBC Nova years ago, and took it for spin up on the Xway to feel it out. It felt good so I gave it the juice and run it up to around 120ish and got off the gas as a curve was coming up. As I came I around the curve I spotted a State Trooper camped out on the side of the road. As I blew past him I was going 95 or so, looked in my mirror and saw him pulling off the shoulder. I put the car in neutral and started coasting, accepting the inevitable. Sure enough, the lights come on so I pulled over. He asks where is the fire and I explained the new engine, just putting it through the paces to make sure it was a good build. He ran my license and stuff, comes back and says he can smell the rebuilt engine smell, and would like to look at it. I obliged him and popped the hood. Turns out he was a gear head also and liked what he saw. He told me what he clocked me at 90+, and that he had to give me some sort of ticket. This was right after Jimmy Carter imposed the 55mph speed limit nation wide, so what he did was give me an 'energy speed ticket'. He explained that it amounted to nothing more than a warning and did not add points to my license. He told me to take it easy, then we both just went on down the road.
Now that was cool, considering he could have wrote me up for wreckless driving, impounded my car and maybe even locked me up.

Papaw

Established Member
This thread is a year old and that deputy is probably flipping burgers for a living now. All someone would have to do is forward this post to the Dorchester County Sheriff's office and they would find out who was on duty that day in a Charger on Dorchester Rd. The liability in this story is off the charts!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Freaking awesome! There are definitely some officers out there that are total gear heads and love to have a good time.

ZEN357

Established Member
Never met a cop like that! All my dealings with police have not been anything good to talk about, most of them around my area are jerks!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This thread is a year old and that deputy is probably flipping burgers for a living now. All someone would have to do is forward this post to the Dorchester County Sheriff's office and they would find out who was on duty that day in a Charger on Dorchester Rd. The liability in this story is off the charts!
Liability? Nah! First, unlikely anything was forwarded. Second, all the cop had to do was deny it; someone making up a silly story. He is likely still cruising the same streets in his patrol vehicle.

railroad

Established Member
Va Cop in a Camaro baited my nephew into a race then wrote him up max fine. He had to do a bunch of stuff in addition to money to keep driving.

Users who are viewing this thread