Coolant in spark plug holes. Coolant in oil.

Codie

Established Member
Okay, so I pulled my C.O.P. Today and noticed on the top right (closet to driver side) and the one below it had coolant where the spark plugs are seated. The top right is basically flooded pretty bad. One below has quite a bit, but not as bad. Same thing on the left side, top left and one below both have coolant in them. The other 4 are bone dry (with the exception of bottom right having a bit of oil on the rubber). So, is it possible the head gasket leak could cause the coolant to get into that area? I'm already quite sure the head gaskets are leaking, but could there be another problem? Like intake manifold leaking? I had the supercharger and the lower intake, intercooer installed by a shade tree mechanic and I don't think gaskets or proper towque was used. But I'm not sure, I did buy the supercharger gasket, but not the intercooler gasket. It was covered in a black silicone like substance. I don't think they knew how to torque the screws properly either. So, could it just be the heads or other problems? I'm at a stand still on the car and seems like problems come up and more. Want to get whatever is wrong with it knocked out. How hard is it to change either one of these myself? Also, can anyone link me to a repair manual for these? I just don't trust anyone else to work on the car anymore. I don't have much mechanical experience. And which job is easier?

If if you can answer any questions , it's much appreciated. Just clueless as to where to go from here.

Blueline

Established Member
Can you please post a bunch of pics to what you have going on.

There is no gasket for the intercooler to blower mating surface, usually use an oil resistant silicone. Coolant can get into the spark plug holes if you blew a hose or during disassembly coolant got in under the COP covers. Alot of possibilities here, but we need more info.

Why was the blower pulled initially?
Compression test?
Car running?
Are your coolant tanks full?

NastyNate420

Established Member
Are you sure its coolant and not just water ? spark plug holes can get water in them is there were sealed right and you wash your engine

Users who are viewing this thread