Coolant Hoses?

fastsvo

Established Member
After 29 years and 61k miles, I believe its time to replace the coolant hoses on my fox. What I am not sure is do I stick with a typical Gates/Motorcraft replacement or spring for the silicone hoses? I believe the FMS hose kit and Goodyear Hi-Miller hoses are NLA. I do see both SVE and Mishimoto have hose kits available but the ID looks to be smaller. Is that an issue? If it matters, the car runs a Vortech S-trim.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
After 29 years and 61k miles, I believe its time to replace the coolant hoses on my fox. What I am not sure is do I stick with a typical Gates/Motorcraft replacement or spring for the silicone hoses? I believe the FMS hose kit and Goodyear Hi-Miller hoses are NLA. I do see both SVE and Mishimoto have hose kits available but the ID looks to be smaller. Is that an issue? If it matters, the car runs a Vortech S-trim.

Have you checked all over? I did the Ford Racing hoses back in 03 and really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastsvo

Established Member
Have you checked all over? I did the Ford Racing hoses back in 03 and really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the closest thing to the Ford racing hoses are the blue continentals. And I’m learning that the heater hoses in these kits are not a perfect match

Users who are viewing this thread