Coolant Crossover Delete?

GodStang

Established Member
I know MMR and On3 make them. Who else? Who has one and any pics? My intercooler hose is getting crushed between my blower and my coolant crossover piece so I need to remove it for when installing the J2Fab intercooler.

my stock one is already crushed.

35DED2F6-964B-4FCB-8A91-21EF5D9C5B8E.jpeg

Last edited:

rymax101

Established Member
I know he's very close to releasing. Right now he's trying to figure out fittings and whatnot but for everybody's setup fitting degrees will be different. Just PM me if you have any specific questions

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GM2Ford

Established Member
Cobra engineering is....im running a pre production model View attachment 1633266

Glad to see more people are using the 1” silicon hoses with the J2 stuff... it’s literally a must in my opinion to avoid unnecessary restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I know MMR and On3 make them. Who else? Who has one and any pics? My intercooler hose is getting crushed between my blower and my coolant crossover piece so I need to remove it for when installing the J2Fab intercooler.

I was able to successfully get my intercooler lines routed without being crushed. It’s a tight fit, but it worked and no kinks in the hoses. It helped a lot that I used the 1” silicon hoses that PegasusAutoRacing.com sells. They’re literally a life saver. Although they can get quite expense with all the hardware together. Expect to spend an extra $200-300 ordering supplies from them, then just take back any excess you don’t use.

Here’s picture of my hoses back when I was inspecting a belt slip/walking off issue.

82A6A7FB-C672-42B8-9567-90A72BBBE712.jpeg

94slowbra1

Established Member
check his, cobra engineering, Facebook page. Multiple post on it, should be available very soon. Just like everything else it looks top notch.
I run an on3 kit. Does the job and loks good. You need to figure out the rest of your hose routing. the big bypass will be gone, the lower stat housing needs to be modified or eliminated, lower radiator hose ect... Not the best pics but you get the idea
20200110_134625-3024x2268_copy_2268x1701.jpg
20200329_155254.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
Might also look at the whipple silicone crossover, it might do what you need.

GodStang

Established Member
I contacted Cobra Engineering and basically he is looking to redesign to bring down costs so I don’t expect it any time soon. I will research the 0n3 one some more and the whipple one.

check his, cobra engineering, Facebook page. Multiple post on it, should be available very soon. Just like everything else it looks top notch.
I run an on3 kit. Does the job and loks good. You need to figure out the rest of your hose routing. the big bypass will be gone, the lower stat housing needs to be modified or eliminated, lower radiator hose ect... Not the best pics but you get the idea
View attachment 1633273 View attachment 1633274

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
On3 here with a deadhead setup.

Attachments

• IMG_7640small.jpg
    IMG_7640small.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_7642small.jpg
    IMG_7642small.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 490

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
how do you like the On3 and what all extra parts did you need besides the kit? Thanks for the post!

Its alright. I see some seepage around the base which is easily addressed so they're fine. A few manageable conflicts with surrounding hoses/lines but such is life in the aftermarket world.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Its alright. I see some seepage around the base which is easily addressed so they're fine. A few manageable conflicts with surrounding hoses/lines but such is life in the aftermarket world.

where are you having issues with the housing seeping coolant? I had tried teflon tape on the fittings into the housing and it didnt work. I then tried pipe dope and the fittings ran all the way down, no more leaks.

94slowbra1

Established Member
When I installed my one kit I didn't have any leaks. I did the two in the front for the crossover and one on the rear for the head cooling mod. Overall pretty nice kit

GodStang

Established Member
When I installed my one kit I didn't have any leaks. I did the two in the front for the crossover and one on the rear for the head cooling mod. Overall pretty nice kit

was there any additional stuff you had to order to complete the kit for the 03/04 Cobra.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I did have to find the fitting that connects my head cooling line to the port on the thermostat housing. When I ordered mine he didn't offer this fitting. Picked it up at lowes for a few $$$.
All else was included

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Check out Ipsco, they will make you any kind of thermostat housing you want, great prices too. I used them for mine so I could keep a bypass line.
20190506_163658.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread