Convertible top care

SHELBY1962

Established Member
Looking for a little advice on what others use to keep the top clean and what main is recommended? Mine is spotless but the previous owner always left it down. The wrinkles came out after a few days but it looks like the fabric is lighter where it was folded for so long.

Sprchd83

Established Member
I bought the Raggtopp Convertible Top Care Kit online for mine. Had fantastic reviews. But vert is currently at my inlaws barn while my garage floor cures for a couple of weeks. When I bring it back over here, I'll clean the top and update how it went.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
+1 RaggTopp.

RaggTopp makes cleaner & protectant for the two types of tops, vinyl and cloth. There are threads in the Show'n'Shine Saloon.

Sprchd83

Established Member
Ha. I had to go back and look at what I bought. Thought for a second I grabbed the vinyl one on accident. But nope. Got the right one. RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Cleaner/Protectant Kit

efurlong

Established Member
In between washes...I use a "lint remover roller". Works great. These are typically sold in the laundry department at Walmart etc.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
eventually, hopefully soon, I wanna do a '04 Vert. Is it than best to keep the top up 99% of the time vs down when not in use? Reduction of wrinkles?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
another fan here of the raggtopp stuff, been using it regularly since i bought the car new. even though it's been garaged all of its life, it is a very used daily driver with over 130k miles but the top still looks great. i also try to use a lint roller when necessary, as mentioned above.

side note: last time i looked, the wikipedia webpage about the svt cobras was not correct because it said that the 03/04 uses a vinyl top like previous versions

Users who are viewing this thread