Convertible rejoice

Brad

Banned
Convertible owners rejoice

That's right, it must have been in the last 2 days eibach added the convertible to the pro kit list. I just ordered mine. 262 shipped through tire rack. Now the question is will I be able to get away with stock caster camber? Also who can install these things in the MA area, how much should it cost to get them installed?

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: Convertible owners rejoice

Originally posted by Brad
That's right, it must have been in the last 2 days eibach added the convertible to the pro kit list. I just ordered mine. 262 shipped through tire rack. Now the question is will I be able to get away with stock caster camber? Also who can install these things in the MA area, how much should it cost to get them installed?

I would personnally put in Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates if I was taking the front-end down and have to do alignment for the springs anyway. This car really needs C/C plates. They are 200 for black, but I am going to get the Triple-Plated Chrome ones.
CC9994.gif

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I just checked there site and they are not showing a system for the 2003 Cobra Convertible. They are showing a system for FORD, Mustang, Convertible, SN95, 4.6 & 5.0/V8 - 2003 (Incl. Cobra w/o IRS) but we have IRS. If you want the best performance you might want to look into the coupe kit instead of a convertible kit. The Convertible is going to have weaker springs like they do stock which is what is causing some of your problems including wheel hop.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by toofast4u
I just checked there site and they are not showing a system for the 2003 Cobra Convertible. They are showing a system for FORD, Mustang, Convertible, SN95, 4.6 & 5.0/V8 - 2003 (Incl. Cobra w/o IRS) but we have IRS. If you want the best performance you might want to look into the coupe kit instead of a convertible kit. The Convertible is going to have weaker springs like they do stock which is what is causing some of your problems including wheel hop.

There is also one that says, (w/IRS)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
OT, but you know you have to drill and slot your strut tower brace for those MM cc plates right? There are only 3 holes stock, those need a fourth. If you're gonna run coil-overs you need a 4 hole setup. But with the stock setup, a 3 hole cc plate would work. Not knocking MM's stuff, I think they are great :) I just doesn't mention that unless you go to the .pdf install instructions at the top of the page..

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
OT, but you know you have to drill and slot your strut tower brace for those MM cc plates right? There are only 3 holes stock, those need a fourth. If you're gonna run coil-overs you need a 4 hole setup. But with the stock setup, a 3 hole cc plate would work. Not knocking MM's stuff, I think they are great :) I just doesn't mention that unless you go to the .pdf install instructions at the top of the page..

Yes, you need to drill a hole for the plates. But these are the best plates IMHO especially if you are going coil-over in the future. If I am going to spend $200 on a piece of equipment I try and make sure I am not going to regret it or have to replace it. But definitely it is a good thing you pointed that out because some have different opinions about altering there cars.

Users who are viewing this thread