Converters

Tim Comer

Established Member
Looking at adding a Circle D converter to my car. Most of my driving is mainly on the street with a few trips to the strip once in a while. My 60 foot times are in the 2.0 second range. They were 2.1 before the supercharger, so not much gain when taking off. Would the 3C be a good choice?

vortecd

Established Member
Tires would be a better choice. You would be 1.7 or better with drag radials

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
I saw street radial in your sig, didn't know they were dr's. I didn't know the Vortechs were that bad on a stock auto. Every Vortech I had on my fox did have a converter so traction was always an issue

In that case, I would ask Circle D what they would recommend

coyote302

Established Member
With a centri blower on a stock t.c you should be good for 1.65-1.75 with a good tune....A 2c from circle d is a very good t.c for centri....it work very well

92fiveohfox

Established Member
With a centri blower on a stock t.c you should be good for 1.65-1.75 with a good tune....A 2c from circle d is a very good t.c for centri....it work very well

How do u figure that? Show me an example of someone with a stock converter running those 60 with a centri on relatively low boost.

coyote302

Established Member
How do u figure that? Show me an example of someone with a stock converter running those 60 with a centri on relatively low boost.
My local tuner was able to 60 ft 1.65-1.75with is paxton and stock converter on low boost. .. (stock pulley size)...mine is n/a and my 60 ft was 1.84-190 on stock t.c..... (best was 1.79 on a very cold day) so i think someting is wrong with is tune unless he is running at 5000ft elevation...

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
My local tuner was able to 60 ft 1.65-1.75with is paxton and stock converter on low boost. .. (stock pulley size)...mine is n/a and my 60 ft was 1.84-190 on stock t.c..... (best was 1.79 on a very cold day) so i think someting is wrong with is tune unless he is running at 5000ft elevation...

That is def not the norm at regular elevations(0-1000 DA). My Paxton car with stock pulley did a 1.95 60' dead hooking in 2000 DA. My buddies car with a roush blower( more tq and power down low) did 60' like you are describing(1.65-1.75) but the tq/hp isn't there down low on a centri. Maybe I'm wrong and there are others getting low 60' on a centri and stock tc... I'd love to see them post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread