Converter/Kooks shorties track results

4VFTW

Established Member
pretty much identical D/A both passes , but last night there was a 10mph headwind , probably why the back half mph seems weak...will datalog next time I go out.

before
IMAG0415_zps9c44de58.jpg

after
IMAG0469_zps1ae7a697.jpg

I would expect 11.3x-11.4x with drag wheels, free weight reduction and some nice cold air.

Last edited:

coyote302

Established Member
Very good gain !!! What was DA on that day. ...your mph seem low for your mod, but maybe it is the DA....

2012csgt

Established Member
Congrtas Marc! Your car looked and sounded great. Maybe I'll upload the video I took on my phone of 1 of your runs. The converter made a huge difference.

4VFTW

Established Member
Congrtas Marc! Your car looked and sounded great. Maybe I'll upload the video I took on my phone of 1 of your runs. The converter made a huge difference.

Thanks Shawn, was a good time hanging with you and Scott last night. I think we bullshitted more than we raced :beer:

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Thanks Shawn, was a good time hanging with you and Scott last night. I think we bullshitted more than we raced :beer:

I agree, your car is running good! Wait till we get some nice DA down here and your car is really gonna fly! I think you'll see a 11.3-11.4 for sure!

4VFTW

Established Member
thats a huge gain if the only changes were kooks shorts and converter...
well those are the changes that are proven to make power I did add

1)Accufab 85mm TB- maybe 2rwhp on a dyno
2)swapped from a JLT to Airaid intake- worth anything?

,but looking back I did also add a aluminum d/s since the last time I raced the car.. lets say that was worth a tenth although its debatable.

there were changes to the tune of course but without back to back passes its impossible to attribute gains to that.

Clipboard

Established Member
From assumption the shorties added .2 and Ds added .2 . Even with the ds being added that's still a huge gain from those 3 mods. I'm assuming you had a retune after adding all of that?

jjd975

Established Member
From the slips all your gains were in the first 1/8. From 1/8 to finish your car is running the same as before the mods. The time it takes to cover the last 1/8 and the mph gained from 1/8 to finish are almost identical to before mods. Not being critical just an observation. Great time, fast car for sure.

4VFTW

Established Member
From the slips all your gains were in the first 1/8. From 1/8 to finish your car is running the same as before the mods. The time it takes to cover the last 1/8 and the mph gained from 1/8 to finish are almost identical to before mods. Not being critical just an observation. Great time, fast car for sure.

the car definately underperformed on the back half, I would have expected 117+ out of it. not sure if the headwind had anything to do with that. next time I go out if that doesnt improve I will do some logging.

I looked back at all my old slips and my car has always back halved about 24.25mph... I took it to the track after just about every individual mod and have used 3 different tuners over that period.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread