Convertable Leak

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Well I posted some time ago about my vert leaking, that puddles under the left rear seat, found it quite by accident. Well after some investigation I found that the top does not fit correctly on the drivers side.

screen

The top does not come around far enough to fit the noch in the trim, it is short by abot 3/8 of an inch. I took it to the dealer today and they agree with me that something is wrong with the top. Monday their leak team is going to try to realign the top, if that does not work they are going to replace the top, if that does not work, perhaps a new car. They had a silver vert in the showroom and it has the same problem with the gap between the trim and the top but on the passengers side. Most of you do not drive in the rain and keep the cars in the garage, you may have the same thing its just that it has not had a chance to leak yet. And most of you know I am the last one to complain, I still love the car and hope that this can be relolved without major surgery.

lethal

Established Member
Best of luck Ed. Keep that car looking sweet. BTW it was a real pleasure to speak with ya and thanks for letting me sit in your vert =)

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Edz,

I'm taking delivery on a ragtop at the end of the month, and I'll be using the car almost daily.... Thanks for the leak tip..... I'll let you know if I see the top "gap".

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread