Convert from Draw though to Blow through

Bullitt5566

Established Member
I'm thinking about changing from my current draw through setup; 90mm MAF, Vortech SC, aftercooler, to a blow though setup using a stock 05-10 MAF mounted the discharge tube between the aftercooler and TB. The MAF will be about 6 inches from the TB and 8 from the cooler. The discharge has slight upward bend. I already know it isn't ideal but if it doesn't make driveablity better I can switch back. I already have a MAFia and PRP software. My question is, how do I adjust the tune to compensate for the new MAF? Do I use a stock 05 MAF transfer function and scale the injector high slope to get the fueling close then fine tune the MAF transfer function? I think I can still use the MAFia to scale the MAF down if needed. How does the blow through know how much air it is reading if it is compressed? The draw through measures the air before it is compressed, but the blow through reads it after. So how does it know that xx lbs of air at 0psi is different than xx lbs of air at 15psi? I suspect they measure the same from the MAF but one is twice as much air if that makes sense.

2002BLGT

Established Member
you will want to go with a BA5000 or HPX slot meter not a stock sensor , stock sensor after that aftercooler will peg because of the pipe sizing , you also have to relocated the hose from the IAC to after the MAF , I have done this job on several vehicles and it does work great and gets rid of the surging at highway speeds caused by the stock bypass being too small in cars making over 10 psi and running 410 gears

Bullitt5566

Established Member
Finally getting around to this. I welded the discharge tube to the aftercooler eliminating the leaky coupler and welded the MAF adaptor in the same location. The IAC draws after the MAF. The discharge diameter is 4" - 4.25" and I'm making around 600 rwhp. The BA5000 is high on my list but I'm concerned that the tube diameter will cause a loss of resolution and idle problems. Also the HPX sensor spreadsheet says the HPX will support 1500hp in that diameter tube. Clearly too big. I'm wondering if a "smaller" MAF like the a stock GT, GT500, HPX-N, or ?? would be better. I also have a MAFia if I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread