Conv. owners cobras question????

Juruense

Banned
The top needs to be cleaned and protected with the Ragg Topp kit for cloth tops 1-2 times per year. This kit is available online for approx $40. This will maintain the cloth's waterproofing ability and keep the top clean and prevent fading.

As for lubricating, I would avoid that unless you have to. Use it sparingly when in close proximity to the cloth. If oils of any type get into the cloth they make the cloth retain dirt particles and those particles cause wear which causes holes, tears, and shiny spots. Also, any type of soap or detergent that is not specifically designed for cloth tops may have oils in it which will cause the same dirt retention problem. Use only convertible top cleaner or plain water to clean your top.

Best course of action is always to take it to a good convertible top shop for any kind of serious maintenance, repair, or adjustments.

Last edited:

romi

Established Member
I don't do anything with my hinges. For as much as I open and close the top, the wear on the components would be very minimal after many, many years. Is yours squeaking or something?

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Ragg Topp is nice but when you run out give 303 a try. It works much better IMO.

And I've never greased the hinges either but god question

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Just ordered some Raggtopp from Amazon today for my vert. I look forward to seeing how this does.

topless_sn8k

Established Member
I use ragg topp as well. But will try 303 next, to see how it does. What do you guys use to protect the seats (UV protection) 303 as well?????

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
I use Poorboys or Pinnacle leather care products for the pleather portions of our seats. They have some uv protection.

topless_sn8k

Established Member
Not for the leather, suede material. Sorry should have been more detailed. One more question, do you guys know if they make the wind screens for our verts.? I saw one on a GT 500...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread