Contracting Work

Sirraf

Established Member
Anyone have actual information about any overseas contracting companies needing Security or Military Training jobs filled? I've looked through DynCorp and Northrop Grumman, but nothing looks very promising. I've deployed many times when I was active duty about 18 months ago. I know of other like Raytheon, Fluor Daniels, Xe, etc. Any help and or hookups would be appreciated.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
I currently work for DynCorp in Kabul on a State Dept contract and they have usually had force protection positions open since I started a few months ago. What doesn't look promising about Dyn?

Sirraf

Established Member
I currently work for DynCorp in Kabul on a State Dept contract and they have usually had force protection positions open since I started a few months ago. What doesn't look promising about Dyn?

I actually just applied for a PSD slot in Kabul for DynCorp. Seems you have to know the damn site manager to get a job in the contracting fields.

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
The new name for Xe is Academi. They have quite a few open contracts right now.

Job Opportunities | ACADEMI

Contracting positions are getting fewer and far between because of the draw down and more soldiers leaving service. Lots of people are applying for the same contracts. Make sure you are writing your resume to reflect the EXACT job you are applying for. Also make sure you read the job description and then taylor your resume to include KEY words. Example:

JOB DESCRIPTION

-Provide Static Security at High Threat locations in austere environments
-Maintain proficiency with all Tactics, Techniques and Procedures associated with the Position
-Maintain professional demeanor, appearance and attitude
-Assist in the planning and execution of position responsibilities

YOUR BULLETS on your resume

-Deployed XX months to hight threat location in austere environment
-Responsible for developing a 20 person PSD teams TTPs
-Maintained 100% accountability of over $400,000 worth of equipment
-Planned and executed over 100 missions resulting on zero loss of life or equipment

Alot of companies use resume scanners that are only looking for key words to weed out some of the bulk before real eyes take a look. If you don't have key words, yours will most likely get thrown in the trash before anyone ever looks at it.

Another avenue to look at is Maritime security on ships around the horn of Africa. Lots of money defending against pirates. Do a google search and you will find a few companies hiring. Good luck OP.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I actually just applied for a PSD slot in Kabul for DynCorp. Seems you have to know the damn site manager to get a job in the contracting fields.
with the wind down there is an excess of people at the moment, so knowing someone in the company you are applying for MIGHT help. site level managers do not hire altho they can recommend

Users who are viewing this thread