Contour svt idle issues

acer5

Established Member
Hey guys, i cleaned out my throttle body and egr passageway to get rid of the p0141 code and it did but now my csvt idles around 2000 rpm and doesnt ever go away?? help plz?:shrug:

CSVT5416

Established Member
My idle air control valve went bad on my SVT. Unplug it and see if your car idles down. If it does I'd say your valve is bad.

acer5

Established Member
It does go down when i unplug it but my IAC valve is brand new it only has 500 miles on it and it does close all the way and it still idles high... when i first start up the car the idle will go down to 800 but as soon as i give it some throttle it idles high after?

CSVT5416

Established Member
That what mine does. I've talked to SVT Jared and he seems to believe I have a vacuum leak. Bc his wont even idle at all with it unplugged. So somthing is feeding our engine air.

crewchiefpro

Established Member
You have an intake leak. Try listening to the sound of unmetered air in the engine compartment. Probably a big leak to make the RPM that high. I use brake clean spray to identify the area where the leak is. Should be pretty obvious once you spray close.

cSVTinMO

If it is your IAC valve on thing I've done when I'm really low on cash is take the IAC valve out and clean it out first, the. Put some brake fluid on that little rubber boot-thing so it won't be quite as dry and it expands a little bit. Some broke college kid advise right there lol.

bobrules

Established Member
My car is doing the same thing. I checked for leaks replaced iac cam sensor crank sensor egr dpfe and still no help.

zack.reynolds93

well your not supposed to clean your IAC just buy a new one i had the same isue on startup it would idle high then go to about 800 then when given throttle went up to 3000 and stayed there for a good 20 sec i replaced the iac valve and problem solved i got it on ebay for 20 bucks new

SicilianSVT

My svt is doing the same thing. I am in the midst of fixing mine up tho. I replaced all my vacuum leaks with new hoses. My IAC valve is old and it has about 10k miles on it. I am just going to replace it with a new one and see if it changes anything. Id like to get a motorcraft but i know they will be more expensive. What brand is the next best one to go with?? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread