Contaminated oil....

2003 Venomous

Established Member
What is the best way to rid the crankcase of oil that has been diluted with E85? I am working on getting the tune straight on my car after going twin crew and E85......incorrect tunes have caused fuel to really contaminate the oil. I will drain the oil before any sort of driving, but should I change the oil twice or just once? Just want to know the best way to rid all the contaminated oil before I strap it on a dyno and run it through the rpm's?

Thanks

oldmodman

Established Member
If you are rally worried you can change the oil. Drive the car on the freeway until it is fully up to temperature, then change it again.

But just changing it once and driving it until it is fully warmed up should be enough to boil out any moisture and volatiles.

Buy if you somehow got enough water into the engine to cause "goop" to form then you should do the two oil change process. Just be sure to run the car long enough to boil off all the moisture between the two oil changes.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I would go drive the car. unless you pouring E85 in your oil you should have an issue

Users who are viewing this thread