Considering selling 00R #231

oregon87

Established Member
Hello all,

I'm strongly considering selling my 00R, #231. I'm very much interested in purchasing a plane and it makes sense to sell one toy in the pursuit of another. Question is, what do you think these things are worth? I've seen them recently from $40k-$80k, depending on mileage. Mine has about 15k, no black binder, but I do have the aftermarket Bassani exhaust (as well as the original), offroad x-pipe (and original which is currently installed), original tires (not on car) and a prototype air intake with upgraded MAF and tune (SCT). Original air intake will be included with the sale. The car is in pristine condition, hood bubbles and all. Thoughts on price?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Good question and I’d have to see it in person to get a good feel for an accurate price. You have some pluses listed that help, but 15,000 miles is high for these cars and the missing black book is a big one for a potential collector. If I was selling your car, I’d be happy if I got $40,000 for it. Cars in the $50s have a couple thousand miles or less and have the binder. Cars near $80k are pretty much wrapper cars listed by a dealer.

All 00R cars are quite valuable and yours is no exception. You just have to compare yours to others that have come up for sale in recent history. I think these cars will tick upwards.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
It’s a crapshoot. Some have sold in the high 30s recently with less miles.

I won’t go any further than the above because technically I am in the market and don’t want to come across as biased

In my opinion the lack of original documentation is a big deal that will influence your value. I’m passing on the R’s that are not complete. Frankly I’m not even bothering to call on those for sale where the price is beyond what I’ve seen others sell for recently. It doesn’t mean they are not worth it, just means I’m not paying it

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I was thinking between $40k-42k, so I don't think I'm too far off.

It’s a bummer you don’t have the documentation. Assume you’ve tried to track it down from the previous owner?

The miles are higher than others that have sold recently, but that doesn’t bother me (potential buyer of a 00R) as I’m not looking for a wrapper.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you could get $40-42k, you'd be doing very well.

In my opinion, it's a $37-38k car.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
A loose friend of mine recently sold his for 68, but something went wrong because he resisted the car...you may have trouble selling to private party

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A loose friend of mine recently sold his for 68, but something went wrong because he resisted the car...you may have trouble selling to private party

lol He resisted the car?

ba6587f1512986269e283b198778995aec39199e423f5b2ec053c83cdb402e29.jpg

oregon87

Established Member
Ya, I tried diligently to get the binder from the previous owner. He had said he had it, but many attempts went unanswered. He was a collector in SoCal and I'm assuming it's lost somewhere. I contacted Ford as well, but my car VIN is not one of the few they still have binders for. I did pay for a certificate of authenticity, but it's nowhere near as great as that binder.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Ya, I tried diligently to get the binder from the previous owner. He had said he had it, but many attempts went unanswered. He was a collector in SoCal and I'm assuming it's lost somewhere. I contacted Ford as well, but my car VIN is not one of the few they still have binders for. I did pay for a certificate of authenticity, but it's nowhere near as great as that binder.

I would work hard on getting the binder. Offer him some money for it.

Also consider your timing... you are selling a fun/performance car when most people are hunkering down for winter.

oregon87

Established Member
Considering selling. :) I'm in no hurry. It' s been sitting under a cover in my garage for 4 years or so. My wife likes to take it out a few times a year. As far as the previous owner, I spent about a year harassing him. That ship has sailed. I keep an eye on Ebay and the forums to see if it ever shows up.

Mwynn

Established Member
You mean Ford may have kept some of the binders? Which department did you call?

oregon87

Established Member
I don't remember the exact department, some kind of Ford Performance. They've got a few binders collecting dust, but will only release them if your VIN matches.

nmp1

Established Member
call svt, they have about 6 that are unclaimed. they need the last 6 vin numbers

i agree with 13cobra, youre probably looking at 30's right now with that mileage and no binder

Last edited:

oregon87

Established Member
It looks like we'll wait until the car is easily in the $40's to sell. It'll get there and a lot more eventually. No harm in having a pretty cool garage ornament. Look at what the Boss 429s are trading for now! :-O

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It looks like we'll wait until the car is easily in the $40's to sell. It'll get there and a lot more eventually. No harm in having a pretty cool garage ornament. Look at what the Boss 429s are trading for now! :-O

Boss 429s were very high for a while....then they gradually starting decreasing.

People my age, don't aspire to own a 429 and that trend will only continue with time.

nmp1

Established Member
i posted a big write up on car values and cars like 429's a while back. as a 00R owner i think it will be a very long road for these cars (the average values, not just wrapper cars) to get to 100k and i feel the car market is changing more than most people think.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
I don’t think the R’s will ever get there, I think drive the piss out of it then sell it for whatever, and get a new toy....this is coming from a man who was recently at deaths door, life is crazy short just have fun with it

Users who are viewing this thread