Considering GT500 brakes on my Marauder

liquid

I've burned lots of hours today researching these Brembo GT500 brakes; doesn't look like anyone has tried to fit them on a Marauder or other Panther. I do not want to get the typical Wilwood or Baer kit because a trusted source has experience with both and confirmed they are only good for a "track day" car and not a driver like mine.

Anyway if anyone has a source of GT500 take-off calipers and rotors, I'm interested. "The Market" forum here at SVTP seems to be fresh out. In the mean time I will be looking for a local GT500 owner who is willing to let me test fit my Marauder wheel on the front of their car. I have access to a hoist after-hours at my work (Troy MI near the Motor Mall).

I'm expecting to need a custom mounting bracket and possibly custom braided flex lines. Step 1 is checking wheel clearance and I would like to do that on an existing setup.

Justin
gmail.com handle: rearwheeldriver

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm not sure who told you that they were "track day" only brakes, but impalaslayers been very happy with his baers... And he doesn't track his car at all, not even 1/4 mile track....

anyways, good luck with this, its gonna be alot of work for sure

hotford

Established Member
re

I have the Brembo brakes from a GT 500 calipers, rotors,pads,and retaining clips, oh ya the flex hoses from the GT 500 will work, I have everything and will be doing the install in the spring, only thing that is needed is the custom mounting brackets that im having fab up.

The rotors have to be machined open where it slides onto the hub as the stock rotor is 2mm bigger and the brembo rotors clear and line up as if it was meant to be.

Bodyman

Established Member
This is wild I just got a take off set of Brembos from a person who did a supersnake upgrade and also have been researching this. But wont be able to do this until other stuff gets finished on my 04 SB. As for baers I have had 2 MM's with Baers and they have performed flawlessly 0 issues.

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
Baer Brakes are great as long as you dont use their GARBAGE rotor supplied in the kit. You need DBA rotors, then the car will stop amazing and give you no troubles stopping.

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
I have the Brembo brakes from a GT 500 calipers, rotors,pads,and retaining clips, oh ya the flex hoses from the GT 500 will work, I have everything and will be doing the install in the spring, only thing that is needed is the custom mounting brackets that im having fab up.

The rotors have to be machined open where it slides onto the hub as the stock rotor is 2mm bigger and the brembo rotors clear and line up as if it was meant to be.

For 2mm, the rotor does not have to be machined. Use a die grinder.

Just like the Mach 1 rotor needing to be opened up a bit to fit over the MM hub.

Users who are viewing this thread