Considering E85 and have a couple questions on Fuel pumps and Injectors.

Native

Established Member
My car's current modifications are below.
I'm wondering what the verdict is on fuel pumps. Can you use just a boost a pump or is two Gt pumps required? What are some injector options. Seems like the Ford 80lb injectors are the most popular. 03-04's use the Ev6, right?

I plan on staying with the current modifications for at least a couple years. Only thing that could change is doing a ported blower.

Thanks

03 Cobra
bbk longtube headers
CAI
FM Catback
Will be adding 2.76 pulley, Idler pulley and Heat Exchanger during the same time.

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
You need double the fuel for E85 so I'm thinking that two GT pumps are te way to go..And 80's also

Teej281

Established Member
You need around 15-20% more fuel for cruising and 30-40% WOT for E85. I'd be doing return style fuel system anyways. Thats where I would start.

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
This.

I would go GT Pumps AND a BAP. That along with the 80# injectors should get you there.

When you do a BAP on GT pumps, do you need to get the Dual BAP, or will the Single 40amp work? I have heard that the single is only good for dual cobra pumps, not dual GT pumps because they demand more power.

Kenne Bell does specify on their site:

Single
"Any 'single' pump application. Also dual pump applications (03-04 Cobras with stock '145' pumps, or 99-04 Lightnings with stock '127' pumps, or Walbro '192')"

Dual
"Shelby GT500, Ford GT, KR, Super Snake, and with Ford #M-9407 GT05 dual pumps"

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
When you do a BAP on GT pumps, do you need to get the Dual BAP, or will the Single 40amp work? I have heard that the single is only good for dual cobra pumps, not dual GT pumps because they demand more power.

Kenne Bell does specify on their site:

Single
"Any 'single' pump application. Also dual pump applications (03-04 Cobras with stock '145' pumps, or 99-04 Lightnings with stock '127' pumps, or Walbro '192')"

Dual
"Shelby GT500, Ford GT, KR, Super Snake, and with Ford #M-9407 GT05 dual pumps"
I am running the single 40 AMP BAP and have been for a year and a half with no issues.

There have been many people running this set up with the GT pumps for years way before the GT500's were even out or the dual BAP.

Skaarew04SVT ran the dual set up on his car and we saw the exact same duty cycle drop as the single.

The dual is 2 BAP's in one case. I figured if one didn't do what I wanted, I could always add another. I haven't needed to.

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
I am running the single 40 AMP BAP and have been for a year and a half with no issues.

There have been many people running this set up with the GT pumps for years way before the GT500's were even out or the dual BAP.

Skaarew04SVT ran the dual set up on his car and we saw the exact same duty cycle drop as the single.

The dual is 2 BAP's in one case. I figured if one didn't do what I wanted, I could always add another. I haven't needed to.

Good to know. What do you have yours set at?

GodStang

Established Member
I have run the 40amp BAP and 2 GT500 pumps from 2005-2009 ran great. I then switched to 3 GT pumps and a BAP and did not need the BAP.

cobrasnake2003

Established Member
With your set-up you MAY be able to get by with just the pumps if you do not port the blower. I have a posi blower, 80lb injectors, twin GTs, dual FPDMs with a 6lb lower and 2.9 upper. My car without the BAP would use all the pumps at 5500rpm without the BAP. With the single BAP it is only at 70% duty cycle at 6500. I would just add the BAP if you have the means to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread