Considering adding meth injection. Good idea or bad?

dwtjr3

Established Member
I have a 01 gt stock bottom end
Mods consist of:
v1 s trim (11psi)
FMIC
CMS stage 1 N/A cams
Full exhaust
4.10s
put down 400rwhp and 386 ftlbs through a auto trans.

Im considering going meth injection, my car is running fine now and I dont have any problems with it, A/F is right where it should be and it still pulls strong.

Im considering going meth because of the octane boost, but my question is do you guys think it would be worth the money since i am on a stock bottom end? And would adding meth put me in more danger of blowing the bottom end?

The car is a fun street car and I very rarely take it to the track, im just looking for something that will add a few hp to hold me over till I get my build together, but how do you guys that are running meth like it? Was it worth it?

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
no it wont be worth the money because you wont be able to take advantage of adding more timing because if you make more power than what you are making now your rods will open holes in your block.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Meth for octane
Water for cooling

If your internals are at the limits, don't use it. if you have good internals, use meth and up the timing. It looks like your boost is about as high as one wants to go but the meth would help there.

CoolingMist has kits for 400-600 dollars I think.

Users who are viewing this thread