Conor McGregor effed up

Blown 89

Established Member
Hopefully his 15 minutes are up soon. The UFC has protected him in the ring but I hope that comes to an end and they feed him to Nurmagomedov and watch him fade away like Jon Jones.

sdoo500

Established Member
I am seeing alot of people say it was all a publicity stunt and UFC is turning into WWE blah blah blah....

No chance I believe this. Some of it is definitely hype, but they just pulled Chiesa from the fight because of cuts to his face during Mcgregor's stunt. I can't see them ever staging something like this while fighters are training for fights and cutting weight.

I've never been a huge Mcgregor fan but it was entertaining to watch him for a while. His time is definitely up! Can't see them ever letting him fight again.

Voltwings

Established Member
So i don't feel like looking up the details but am nosy all the same haha, what caused the altercation?

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm totally indifferent about McGregor and UCF as a whole, so I'm unbiased about this event. In the videos I saw, he threw a trash can at a bus window, and picked up a folding chair. As far as I know, nobody was hurt. I don't consider this a "meltdown". More of a drunken idiot getting a little wild, which can be said for probably half the population at one point in their lives. Or am I missing something?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm totally indifferent about McGregor and UCF as a whole, so I'm unbiased about this event. In the videos I saw, he threw a trash can at a bus window, and picked up a folding chair. As far as I know, nobody was hurt. I don't consider this a "meltdown". More of a drunken idiot getting a little wild, which can be said for probably half the population at one point in their lives. Or am I missing something?

I'm also unbiased about any fighting in general but people were hurt.

The UFC lost three fights for its Saturday pay-per-view event due to the incident involving McGregor, the UFC said in a statement late Thursday.

Lightweight Michael Chiesa (14-3) has been pulled from a scheduled bout against Anthony Pettis because of facial lacerations. Flyweight Ray Borg (11-3) has been forced out of a bout against Brandon Moreno because of what the UFC described as multiple corneal abrasions. Both injuries were allegedly caused by McGregor's actions.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...or-charged-following-incident-barclays-center

Never_Enough

Established Member
No one was hurt? Better check the story again.

So you've gotten drunk & done shit like this? I sure haven't.

Zemedici

Established Member

Dude read the story. You’re all wrong lolol

He was not drunk at all
He injured 3 fighters that had to be pulled from their upcoming bouts
He received 4 charges and was arrested / turned himself in

I’ve never done any of those things.....

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, I didn't really research the incident, just saw the video and didn't realize someone was hurt. Still, I don't think this is a "meltdown".

Users who are viewing this thread