Connecticut LEO’s

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Or anyone else who can answer the question

why do the state troopers drive around with their emergency lights on solid all the time? Kind of ruins the elements of surprise

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve been on 95 a lot recently and it sure make life a lot easier trying to spot them lol

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
You would not notice the un marked Regal T-Types (turbo V-6's) back in the 90's..... Ultra stealth

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You would not notice the un marked Regal T-Types (turbo V-6's) back in the 90's..... Ultra stealth
I well remember those. As far as the solid lights, honestly I haven't noticed so I'll have to keep my eyes open.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
I have not seen it but I suspect it might be why they sit out in the open (sometimes unmanned) on the side of the road, it leads to compliance with out having to engage for enforcement.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have not seen it but I suspect it might be why they sit out in the open (sometimes unmanned) on the side of the road, it leads to compliance with out having to engage for enforcement.

That would be my guess. I know some HP officers who report their position on the interstate on Waze during lunch breaks.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s something new like within the start of the new year on all the major highways

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
They are called “cruise lights”. So it’s a function on the new LED lighting system that allows for the dim and constant on of the lights. Honestly they are more for being used as “scene lights”. For example: if you’re on a call in a neighborhood or a busy parking lot they can be turned on to aid back up or EMS with finding you.

several officers drive with them on while just drive down the road or highway, but there is no mandate on this. My personal opinion is they do it so people notice them and won’t do anything that pressures the officer to pull them over. Believe it or not, a lot of times police do not want to stop people and wished they would see them and drive right.

I hope this helps

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
They are called “cruise lights”. So it’s a function on the new LED lighting system that allows for the dim and constant on of the lights. Honestly they are more for being used as “scene lights”. For example if you’re on a call in a neighborhood or a busy parking lot they can be turned on to aid back up or EMS in finding you.

several officers drive with them on while just driver down the road or highway, but there is no mandate on this. My personal opinion is they do it so people notice them and won’t do anything that pressures the officer to pull them over. Believe it or not, a lot of times police do not want to stop people and wished they would see them and drive right.

I hope this helps
Makes sense. I can see it as a form of safer traffic control without so much interjection.

Users who are viewing this thread