Congrats to Fred

Cobra-R

Established Member
Congrats goes out to Fred for winning the AIX class at Iowa speedway this weekend for NASA's inaugural races. He was smoking fast, was great to see everything go well. :)

Not sure how things went on Sunday, hopefully Fred will fill us in.

Brian

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Congrats goes out to Fred for winning the AIX class at Iowa speedway this weekend for NASA's inaugural races. He was smoking fast, was great to see everything go well. :)

Not sure how things went on Sunday, hopefully Fred will fill us in.

Brian

Sunday pic of Fred:

741769_37_full.jpg

Sunday pic of Ted:

741769_36_full.jpg

Sorry we missed you, Brian. Cindyann has been concerned whether you found the treats on your running board before you left.

--Mike

b4409

Established Member
nice job Fred! I hope you guys had a great time. I'll have to check mylaps :)

bb

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Thanks guys. Results are not up on mylaps yet. I tried posting a response last PM, but got disconnected when I tried to preview it.

I caught a break Saturday because Grizzy missed the first 7 laps of the race (replacing an oil line). I had a blast trying to hold Damian off for a few laps, but eventually gave in. I was really looking forward to his video, but for the first time in ages he didn't have his camera running.:cuss: Just kidding buddy - congrats on the overall win (I was 3rd overall).

I finished second in class and overall on Sunday. The car ran great all weekend (a big thanks to Bruce for all his help). Two more of his goodies will be installed next week plus I am adding an important item.... a cooling system for the nut behind the wheel. Boy was it hot Sunday (90 degrees per the weather channel)!

It was sad to see Brian sidelined early with car issues. :( Hang in there buddy and hope it's not too bad. It was nice to meet his friend Dan and we hung around for Eric Meyer's Sat night party. Ted fought an assortment of problems - blew a head gasket on the dyno Friday; then dropped out of Saturday's race with a power steering leak. He managed to get things going well on Sunday and finished 3rd. :thumbsup: Richard Cranston was there too, but had some power issues. It was great to see Mike and Cindyann who fed my face and guided me through Davenport going home. 80 East was closed due to a wreck so we were detoured. Luckily they were behind me and guided me through town!:bowdown:

I am still not the biggest roval fan - and this one was small/tight - but the facility and staff were tremendous. NASA did another fine job running things and I am looking forward to Putnam in a few weeks.
:beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Flying Fred said:
Thanks guys. Results are not up on mylaps yet. I tried posting a response last PM, but got disconnected when I tried to preview it.

I caught a break Saturday because Grizzy missed the first 7 laps of the race (replacing an oil line). I had a blast trying to hold Damian off for a few laps, but eventually gave in. I was really looking forward to his video, but for the first time in ages he didn't have his camera running.:cuss: Just kidding buddy - congrats on the overall win (I was 3rd overall).

I finished second in class and overall on Sunday. The car ran great all weekend (a big thanks to Bruce for all his help). Two more of his goodies will be installed next week plus I am adding an important item.... a cooling system for the nut behind the wheel. Boy was it hot Sunday (90 degrees per the weather channel)!

It was sad to see Brian sidelined early with car issues. :( Hang in there buddy and hope it's not too bad. It was nice to meet his friend Dan and we hung around for Eric Meyer's Sat night party. Ted fought an assortment of problems - blew a head gasket on the dyno Friday; then dropped out of Saturday's race with a power steering leak. He managed to get things going well on Sunday and finished 3rd. :thumbsup: Richard Cranston was there too, but had some power issues. It was great to see Mike and Cindyann who fed my face and guided me through Davenport going home. 80 East was closed due to a wreck so we were detoured. Luckily they were behind me and guided me through town!:bowdown:

I am still not the biggest roval fan - and this one was small/tight - but the facility and staff were tremendous. NASA did another fine job running things and I am looking forward to Putnam in a few weeks.
:beer:

:beer: :thumbsup:

R

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Congrats to both Fred and Ted. It's great to see the both of you out there.
Hopefully I'll see you at Putnam and then Watkins Glen! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread