condensation in corner lights?

allgo90

Established Member
anyone ever get condensation in your corner lights? my 04 only has 19k miles and is getting some condensation in the passenger side corner light!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
nope ive got none.
however you could put a small smear of RTV around the hole in the corner then seat the light assembly.
the RTV should fill any gaps or imperfections in the sealing surface and should prevent it.
take em out and dry em now..when dry RTV em.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Put them in the oven on a low heat for a few minutes then pry the lens from the back section. Dry and reseal them with a clear silicon adhesive. I have used this process to color match a pair of tails and to re-seal one of my clear corners that started to condensate shortly after I purchased them of eBay.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Put them in the oven on a low heat for a few minutes then pry the lens from the back section. Dry and reseal them with a clear silicon adhesive. I have used this process to color match a pair of tails and to re-seal one of my clear corners that started to condensate shortly after I purchased them of eBay.

why not just use your finger and rub some clear RTV into the joint between the lens and back? Ive done it before with out issues...and if you take your time it leaves no mess and seals the entire light assembly

allgo90

Established Member
tried with a blow drier and nothing..i may have to buy a new light

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
why not just use your finger and rub some clear RTV into the joint between the lens and back? Ive done it before with out issues...and if you take your time it leaves no mess and seals the entire light assembly

I prefer to completely dry the inside and ensure there aren't any water spots on the lens.

tried with a blow drier and nothing..i may have to buy a new light

Or try what I posted above.

Taunto

Established Member
to dry them.. just pull the bulb and and blow in it with a air compressed blow gun... then like said above.. seal it... and set it and forget it lol

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
to dry them.. just pull the bulb and and blow in it with a air compressed blow gun... then like said above.. seal it... and set it and forget it lol

set it and forget it.. LMAO.. i always wanted one of those things...

But yes.. just reseal it..

TqMnster

Established Member

Holy crap I just noticed your tails are color matched. I've been looking everywhere to get an idea of how'd it'd look and I started mine sunday and finished them yesterday. They look killer. Mine is DSG also :rockon: :beer:

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Holy crap I just noticed your tails are color matched. I've been looking everywhere to get an idea of how'd it'd look and I started mine sunday and finished them yesterday. They look killer. Mine is DSG also :rockon: :beer:

I'm a pic whore, so if you would have done an advanced search for post made by me using keywords such as "color-matched," "color matched," "color matched tails," etc. you would have found a lot of pics I've posted in several threads. I really liked them when I had the silver 01-02 wheels but after I bought chrome 03-04 wheels I went back to the OEM chrome tails... they tie my truck together better IMO.

TqMnster

Established Member
I'm a pic whore, so if you would have done an advanced search for post made by me using keywords such as "color-matched," "color matched," "color matched tails," etc. you would have found a lot of pics I've posted in several threads. I really liked them when I had the silver 01-02 wheels but after I bought chrome 03-04 wheels I went back to the OEM chrome tails... they tie my truck together better IMO.

Yeah I didnt search too hard lol. I was just browsing and my eyes arent the greatest lol. They do look awesome with the silver wheels. But I agree with some chromies the stock lights would look better. Without the chrome wheels they look to cheap and almost ricer with all the altezza lights running around you know

Users who are viewing this thread