Condensation/fog on inside of windshield

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Mine does it too. I suspect the sound tube might have sonething to do with it. Has anyone deleted theirs and still had this problem?

I want to delete mine anyway, hopefully it will fix this issue aswell

Uhhh what? Sound tube moves air (albeit slowly) FROM the cabin...

D.T.R

Established Member
The condensation/fog is on the inside of the windshield, the wipers (on the outside) dont do a whole lot for that. lol
^ this lol
Sound tube has nothing to do with it, mine did it with the tube on and off.
I thought that could be it... i guess I was wrong too
Well, I've had literally probably 30 cars over the years...this is the very first one to build condensation/fog on the INSIDE of the windshield.

People are missing the INSIDE part...
yup this is the first car I drive that does this.
You've got a moisture build-up on the interior of your car. Drive around for a while with the windows up and the AC on, that should help.

This usually fixes it... however I'd like to know what is causing it.
I think it's heat coming from the motor through the cowl area of the hood.

jj6077

Established Member
i live in so cal with low humidity and the condensation happens all the time. i get it most often once i drive short distances, like getting cigarrettes at a 7 eleven

BV600

Established Member
Hmm I think all my V8s have done it. Especially after having the heat on for awhile and then letting the car sit for a little in cold weather.

D.T.R

Established Member
it has to be heat coming from the motor... hitting on the glass and making it sweat.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
During the winter, if you're leaving a lot of snow mess on your floors, that's going to create a lot of condensation as it melts and evaporates as well.

Taking care to keep physical moisture out of the cabin will help.

If you don't have to have your defrost on, also use the in cabin recirculation to keep moist outside air from getting in.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Are you talking about this stuff?

106etkj.jpg

:)

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Are you talking about this stuff?

106etkj.jpg

:)

that doesn't look like it.
It's just some condensation on the inside of the windshield ... on the lower center part of it... it usually happens after you drive the car and then you park it.

98ss88mm

Established Member
The OP is right, mine fogs up EVERY TIME i drive the car regardless of weather. I HAVE to have the defrost on even with windows down at times. I was thinking it must be something on the windshield but I have cleaned it in and out with no luck. Ive gotten used to it, but it certainly is annoying. I live in the most humid area possible, and have never owned a car that did it this bad. Even my friend pointed it out "why does the windshield always fog in this damn thing"

atistang

Established Member
The OP is right, mine fogs up EVERY TIME i drive the car regardless of weather. I HAVE to have the defrost on even with windows down at times. I was thinking it must be something on the windshield but I have cleaned it in and out with no luck. Ive gotten used to it, but it certainly is annoying. I live in the most humid area possible, and have never owned a car that did it this bad. Even my friend pointed it out "why does the windshield always fog in this damn thing"

that sucks man. i hope mine doesn't do it in the summer. i bought it in november so i have yet to see what happens when the temps are above 40.

i thought it was just me, i tend to fog windows up for some reason in every car i've owned

D.T.R

Established Member

mine hasn't done it in like a week... but it does it all the times :(

acrbill

Established Member
In Illinois not only do I get condensation but it will freeze on occasion.

It happens when the inside of the car is warmer than the outside. I suspect it collects at the base of the windshield because that is where the front defogger directs the air heating up the area.

bexamous

Established Member
So this is only a guess, but it seems like even if you have fan off and temp set all the way hot, coolant still flows through heatercore. You then park, the still hot heatercore warms up air around it and it just slowly rises up till it hits the [relatively] cold windshield and water condenses. This is only based off fact if I leave the temp all the way cold I very rarely get the condensation.

atistang

Established Member
So this is only a guess, but it seems like even if you have fan off and temp set all the way hot, coolant still flows through heatercore. You then park, the still hot heatercore warms up air around it and it just slowly rises up till it hits the [relatively] cold windshield and water condenses. This is only based off fact if I leave the temp all the way cold I very rarely get the condensation.

is the heater core on the drivers side in these? that would be a first.

i drove mine yesterday, about 20 miles, parked for about 45 mins, 20 miles back and never got any condensation

that was a first. had the heat on also

James Salmon

Established Member
Mine had condensation on the windshield yesterday and the air became hot....the engine got really hot, the engine temp gauge was a little to the right of the symbol. This happened while driving in hot humid bumper to bumper traffic. Please tell me this is the same problem y'all are having and not a coolant/AC problem

Gamble13GT

Established Member
Mine does it if its colder in the car and humid outside. If the windows are down, it wont do it at all. But only at a stand still when the engine is up to temp. I thought this was only my 15 issue. LOL

James Salmon

Established Member
Mine does it if its colder in the car and humid outside. If the windows are down, it wont do it at all. But only at a stand still when the engine is up to temp. I thought this was only my 15 issue. LOL

Damn man. Mine did it with the windows down and the AC on then the AC became hot with condensation on the windshield. I'm afraid something happened with the AC like the evapaerator core but there were no leaks on the passenger side carpet/firewall area and coolant levels were still good.

Users who are viewing this thread