Condensation/fog on inside of windshield

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Who else has this annoying problem? Depending on weather when I drive the car somewhere and roll up the windows I get condensation or fog on the interior of the windshield. I thought it was just my car but my brothers does it to and the last time I was at the track I seen a few others do this also. It's like heat from the engine bay is somehow seaping into the cabin and fogging up the inside of the windshield in the middle...same annoying V pattern with each car I've seen it happen on.

Anyone got a fix for this or something to maybe apply on the interior of the windshield to stop this from happening? Weird problem...thanks for any info

D.T.R

Established Member
I get that too... and it's coming from the hood cowl area... and I believe it is heat from the motor.. the solution is to turn your defroster for a few mins and problem solved.

Mine does it when i park and leave the car... not while I'm driving.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I get that too... and it's coming from the hood cowl area... and I believe it is heat from the motor.. the solution is to turn your defroster for a few mins and problem solved.

Mine does it when i park and leave the car... not while I'm driving.

Same here, when I park after driving it somewhere...not while driving. I do turn the defrost on but after a while with the interior of the window getting dew on it and drying over and over I have to clean the interior in the window because you can see like dry water spot patches.

Not a big deal...just annoying. Wondered if there's a fix for it to prevent it from happening.

D.T.R

Established Member
Same here, when I park after driving it somewhere...not while driving. I do turn the defrost on but after a while with the interior of the window getting dew on it and drying over and over I have to clean the interior in the window because you can see like dry water spot patches.

Not a big deal...just annoying. Wondered if there's a fix for it to prevent it from happening.

I have a feeling that we, FL residents, experience this more than others.
Nasty, humid ass weather...

atistang

Established Member
Mine does it too. I suspect the sound tube might have sonething to do with it. Has anyone deleted theirs and still had this problem?

I want to delete mine anyway, hopefully it will fix this issue aswell

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Mine does it too. I suspect the sound tube might have sonething to do with it. Has anyone deleted theirs and still had this problem?

I want to delete mine anyway, hopefully it will fix this issue aswell

Sound tube has nothing to do with it, mine did it with the tube on and off.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
You've got a moisture build-up on the interior of your car. Drive around for a while with the windows up and the AC on, that should help.

Users who are viewing this thread