Concidering a GT

ZX2Down

Established Member
I currently own a 2001 ZX2 but my brother will be getting it in a year or 2 and i am concidering getting a used (97 at the latest) Mustang GT, can anyone give me any information about problems or perks about them by i get one? i'd also like to know how hard is it to mod them.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Go with a 94-95, you get the 5.0, much easier to mod in my opinion than the 4.6. of course, I'm a bit biased...BTW, you should keep the ZX2 for autox'ing too!:thumbsup:

ZX2Down

Established Member
well i have 4yrs of payments left on the Z and and my bro will be turning 16 soon, as soon as he gets a job that pays enought to take over the payments the z is his and i hope to have enought to get a used GT i'd like to have something that isnt hard to get into high 13's and im in PA so i have to worry about emissions

Last edited:

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by ZX2Down
well i have 4yrs of payments left on the Z and and my bro will be turning 16 soon, as soon as he gets a job that pays enought to take over the payments the z is his and i hope to have enought to get a used GT i'd like to have something that isnt hard to get into high 13's and im in PA so i have to worry about emissions
Hmmmmm....well I have a 2001 GT, (see avatar picture).
I, too am in PA (Pittsburgh) & have to worry about emissions, so there are cats on my Bassani X-Pipe.
There are other mods ;-) & I guarantee you 13's! Bolt on a 9psi Vortech, throw 3.73 gears in the rear-end, & I bet it will skip the 12's & hit the 11's! I'm looking to get rid of it....car is immaculate. I'm looking at an '03 Cobra or perhaps the upcoming '04. PM if you'd like to talk....

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Yes if you can afford it, go with a 99+GT. They run about a second faster in the 1/4 due to better heads and intake. 96-98 were dogs stock, low 15's. 94-95 5.0 might be your best bet since they're so easy to mod, and relatively cheap too. :beer:

Topless In Tex

Established Member
'94/95

I'm with Hillie.....(HI HILLIE! :p ) GOTTA LUV THEM SN95'S... they are easy to mod. Only what your imagination limits you to! Its ENDLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to ya, and let us know what you decide on!

Topless In Texas/TNT:)

ZX2Down

Established Member
ok, if thehy have any 5.0's available when i got i'll get one (probably will be cheaper) other wise i'll try and get 99+

Blackgeetee

Established Member
The 5.0's (94-95) put down 215hp. The 96-98 (4.6) put down 215-225hp. In 99 the horsepower went up to 260. :beer:

Topless In Tex

Established Member
Re: Re: '94/95

Originally posted by hillie16

HEY CHRIS!!!

(hillie tosses celebratory armadillos in the air!)

/me's catching them armadillys' and hurling them back yur way!!!!!!! lol!!!/
Hey, am i wrong..but I thought my GT came Stock w/ only about 180 at the rear wheel...('94Verte) and after my mods, (NOT since the exaust and a few others ) but about a year ago, I had about 220/ rw .
Are ya'll talking at the rear wheel or fly wheel?
Wanting to do another dyno soon.. just to know.

:shrug: TNT

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
what black geetee said was the correct flywheel numbers

if u wanted to know the rwhp # then u'd subtract i believe 15-25% to compensate for the drivetrain loss (if I'm not mistaken).

Users who are viewing this thread