Concerns after a Engine Rebuild on a 302

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
I just finished rebuilding my 302 for my 1990 mustang 5.0. It is bored 0.30 over. I fired her up, bleed the cooling system & set the timing to 10 degrees. My concern is once the car warms up it doesn’t like to start. It has good fuel rail pressure, new injectors, pump, and fuel filter. I feel like the injectors are not firing. When I tap the gas and crank it fires up but it is a rough start. Then as it idles at 750rpm it’ll rev up to 1000 rpm for a few seconds then slowly come back down to 750rpm. There is no vacuum leaks. I got KOEO codes.
Vehicle is stock besides bored 0.30 over and BBK headers with BBK Catless H pipe and flow master mufflers.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
So I don't have to look it up , what do the individual codes mean ?
If the car is starting when you hold the gas pedal down , that is turning the injectors off .
Says the engine is flooding .

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
So I don't have to look it up , what do the individual codes mean ?
If the car is starting when you hold the gas pedal down , that is turning the injectors off .
Says the engine is flooding .

I don’t have to hold the gas. I have to tap at it.
Codes
32 - EGR Valve Position/Pressure Feedback EGR Voltage Below Closed Voltage. 0.24 volts (O,CM,R)
67 - Park Neutral Position Switch Circuit Open; A/C On -Manual (O), Manual Lever Position Sensor Out Of Range/A/C On (CM,O), Clutch Switch Circuit Failure (CM)

81 - Secondary Air Diverter Circuit Failure (O)
82 - Secondary Air Bypass Circuit Failure (O)

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
3 emissions codes .
Do not know the a/c code is going g to do you any harm , but the shift out of range may be confusing the computer . (67)
I will think on it a bit .
Can not say I have ever seen the a/c code on a fox before .

Users who are viewing this thread