Computer geek guru whatever question

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
ok I have this new microphone, its not some super expensive one, just a labtec one. I plugged it and if I just talk into it I can hear myself on the speakers fine. If I got to record something through the windows recorder when I play it back all I hear is static. When I used a program that people can voice into, it doesn't work either. So why does it work but not really work? The microphone is a good 2 feet plus away from the speakers, the volume I tried moving to half up to see if that might have been the problem. I ran a test hardware, it found the elements fine. I run windows XP if that helps.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Open control panel and select sound and audio devices.
Select voice and audio tabs and make sure the correct device is selected. Also there os a hardware test button/

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue
Open control panel and select sound and audio devices.
Select voice and audio tabs and make sure the correct device is selected. Also there os a hardware test button/

Yeah I did that.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
I just know people cannot hear my voice when I try talking into it just buzzes or sounds. but I can hear my own voice in the speakers.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
You might try and turn down the recording volume. It might be sending too strong of a signal and that can cause the static.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by hssss03
You might try and turn down the recording volume. It might be sending too strong of a signal and that can cause the static.

yeah I tried turning it down to half way, and it just lowered the buzz noise.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Oh, how old is your computer? It may not support line in and line out at the same time. I had the exact same problem with an old system of mine. If I wanted to record I had to turn off the output signal and then turn off the mic. Otherwise I would get tons of feedback and static.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by hssss03
Oh, how old is your computer? It may not support line in and line out at the same time. I had the exact same problem with an old system of mine. If I wanted to record I had to turn off the output signal and then turn off the mic. Otherwise I would get tons of feedback and static.

its not that old we just replaced the mother board and processor less than a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread