Compound Boost Anyone?

Digital

Established Member
Well I think it's about time to give a brief update since not much has happened in this thread and probably won't for a while. I'm going to obviously build my new engine and most likely keep with the compound setup.
I need *about* 5000-7500$ to finish the setup how I want. 5000 being if I stayed single and just got a huge single (something bigger then a 88), 7500 if I went twin. That price is not just the reflection of the turbo and engine pieces but also things related to the accident that were never fixed and "supporting mods" that come with stepping up to that power level.
The power level I'd be looking at as a goal would be 1200-1500rwhp. Closer to the 1400hp mark.
If I decided to stay single I could just slap the new motor in and keep the same turbo as before just to have the car drivable, jump the boost up to the mid-high 20s and drive around with it like that. It would still require $2500 or so to do that. That may be a shorter term option though.

Seeing as how I'm working again and making tons of hours as well as trying to maintain the shop and branching out into a new investment I've had to make a choice to continue with the cobra or put it on hold for a while.
I need to dedicate my funds to my other two businesses that are in the starting stages a lot more then drive around a quad digit powered car. There will be plenty of time for that later but it's on the bottom of my priority list right now. It's extremely tempting to sink the money into the car and have a blast doing it. I'm extremely addicted to the speed. A younger me surely would have. But as this point in my life it's just not as important.

In the mean time I'm looking at picking up a 03+ Viper SRT10 or Jaguar S-Type R to drive around. I'll still be around the forums and such every few days or so vs a couple times a day. There also won't be very many cobra updates for a while till some of the things I'm working on take off or at least get to a stable self sufficient point.

I know there is some personal growing stuff in this thread that maybe isn't the normal knowledge that gets shared on a car forum but I feel the growing journey with this car through life has been just as exciting and rewarding as the mechanical aspect. I got the cobra when I was 19 and have learned a ton about non-car related things from having it. Since this thread has turned into my journey with the car as a whole I feel it's just as important to share the full explanation behind things that involve the cobra vs just a picture thread with bolt sizes and hard numbers that everyone tends to put together.

I appreciate anyone who views the thread and learns from it. If 1 person doesn't make the same mistakes because of it or learns something worth while it's 100% worth the write.

Last edited:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Sorry to hear the cobras geting put on hold again but things come up and gotta try to make the right choice. It will be there when your ready to start back.

Sad this happened so soon after getting her back together too but keep us updated on your plans and how the business opportunities work out as well.

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
Wow. You blew up this hunk of junk without even making a decent number. Why would you race it in it's half assed piss poor tuned state?

Digital

Established Member
Wow. You blew up this hunk of junk without even making a decent number. Why would you race it in it's half assed piss poor tuned state?
Hey look it's the kid that use to swing from my sack from that half-assed forum. I told you bro. I don't need a boyfriend. You don't have to cross-forum stalk me now too.

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
Hey look it's the kid that use to swing from my sack from that half-assed forum. I told you bro. I don't need a boyfriend. You don't have to cross-forum stalk me now too.

Oooh. I sense some jealousy that my low cost blower set up made more power than your hunk of junk and it actually WORKS and runs lol. You seriously turned that car into a huge pile of shit with the most ghetto rigged turbo setup/piping that I have EVER done seen!

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
Oooh. I sense some jealousy that my low cost blower set up made more power than your hunk of junk and it actually WORKS and runs lol. You seriously turned that car into a huge pile of shit with the most ghetto rigged turbo setup/piping that I have EVER done seen!
Dude I think you have a serious issue. You stalked every post I made on the other mustang website, now 1/4 of your posts here are stalking my posts.
I don't know what your obsession is with me but let it go man. It's not healthy.

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
Dude I think you have a serious issue. You stalked every post I made on the other mustang website, now 1/4 of your posts here are stalking my posts.
I don't know what your obsession is with me but let it go man. It's not healthy.

LMFAO. I just like how much you bullshit about how bad ass your set up is, when the fact is that it is an unreliable pile of junk.

BLK_03

Established Member
Well I think it's about time to give a brief update since not much has happened in this thread and probably won't for a while. I'm going to obviously build my new engine and most likely keep with the compound setup.
I need *about* 5000-7500$ to finish the setup how I want. 5000 being if I stayed single and just got a huge single (something bigger then a 88), 7500 if I went twin. That price is not just the reflection of the turbo and engine pieces but also things related to the accident that were never fixed and "supporting mods" that come with stepping up to that power level.
The power level I'd be looking at as a goal would be 1200-1500rwhp. Closer to the 1400hp mark.
If I decided to stay single I could just slap the new motor in and keep the same turbo as before just to have the car drivable, jump the boost up to the mid-high 20s and drive around with it like that. It would still require $2500 or so to do that. That may be a shorter term option though.

Seeing as how I'm working again and making tons of hours as well as trying to maintain the shop and branching out into a new investment I've had to make a choice to continue with the cobra or put it on hold for a while.
I need to dedicate my funds to my other two businesses that are in the starting stages a lot more then drive around a quad digit powered car. There will be plenty of time for that later but it's on the bottom of my priority list right now. It's extremely tempting to sink the money into the car and have a blast doing it. I'm extremely addicted to the speed. A younger me surely would have. But as this point in my life it's just not as important.

In the mean time I'm looking at picking up a 03+ Viper SRT10 or Jaguar S-Type R to drive around. I'll still be around the forums and such every few days or so vs a couple times a day. There also won't be very many cobra updates for a while till some of the things I'm working on take off or at least get to a stable self sufficient point.

I know there is some personal growing stuff in this thread that maybe isn't the normal knowledge that gets shared on a car forum but I feel the growing journey with this car through life has been just as exciting and rewarding as the mechanical aspect. I got the cobra when I was 19 and have learned a ton about non-car related things from having it. Since this thread has turned into my journey with the car as a whole I feel it's just as important to share the full explanation behind things that involve the cobra vs just a picture thread with bolt sizes and hard numbers that everyone tends to put together.

I appreciate anyone who views the thread and learns from it. If 1 person doesn't make the same mistakes because of it or learns something worth while it's 100% worth the write.

So you are backing off the Cobra to pursue some business shit, but are looking for a Viper or Jag as a DD?

Are you one of those dudes that just likes to hear themselves talk? lol

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
So you are backing off the Cobra to pursue some business shit, but are looking for a Viper or Jag as a DD?

I'm glad that others are starting to catch on, lol

Digital

Established Member

I was looking at a jag (6-8k) for a daily ya. The viper was gonna come as I get the cobra going and close to finished. Instead of continuing with the cobra and trying to get more out of it I was going to stop with the new motor and turbo setup and then planned on spending more on the viper.
I like to talk about things that are happening vs just spitting a few numbers and calling it a day, sure. Are you mad that I said you were cheap for putting a 3 speed in your car or something?

I'm glad that others are starting to catch on, lol
Who's catching on? You were already run off here before. This isn't the other site full of idiots man. We already have a few jesters here. You can find them in smackdown. I know you're lonely and need the attention but there are other ways of getting it.

Last edited:

BLK_03

Established Member
Are you mad that I said you were cheap for putting a 3 speed in your car or something?

Mad? Heck no. I didn't even know you had said that. Either way, doesn't matter to me, lol. I know what I have in the car, and unfortunately, cheap isn't an adjective that can be used to describe it. In fact, it doesn't even make sense.

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
I was looking at a jag (6-8k) for a daily ya. The viper was gonna come as I get the cobra going and close to finished. Instead of continuing with the cobra and trying to get more out of it I was going to stop with the new motor and turbo setup and then planned on spending more on the viper.
I like to talk about things that are happening vs just spitting a few numbers and calling it a day, sure. Are you mad that I said you were cheap for putting a 3 speed in your car or something?

Who's catching on? You were already run off here before. This isn't the other site full of idiots man. We already have a few jesters here. You can find them in smackdown. I know you're lonely and need the attention but there are other ways of getting it.
Everyone one is catching on about how ignorant you are. Just like you claiming that you are going to make 1000rwhp on pump gas and no meth, on your built 4.6L. You're in dream land and it's time to wake up. And I bet that guy has more money in his 3 speed setup than you do in your t-56. Oh, I forgot, you're a baller, right? The only thing cheap I see is the bastardized turbo kit on your car. When I first saw that thing, I thought it was photoshopped.

Digital

Established Member
Everyone one is catching on about how ignorant you are. Just like you claiming that you are going to make 1000rwhp on pump gas and no meth, on your built 4.6L. You're in dream land and it's time to wake up. And I bet that guy has more money in his 3 speed setup than you do in your t-56. Oh, I forgot, you're a baller, right? The only thing cheap I see is the bastardized turbo kit on your car. When I first saw that thing, I thought it was photoshopped.
Now you're stalking my youtube account? lol. I guess I should take the fanboi as a compliment.

Digital

Established Member
That's the best comeback you got because you know that I'm 100% right lol
There is no come back needed. You're obviously delusional and have a unhealthy obsession with me. You seem to crave my attention so much you'll go to any extent to get it. Why feed into your delusions?

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
There is no come back needed. You're obviously delusional and have a unhealthy obsession with me. You seem to crave my attention so much you'll go to any extent to get it. Why feed into your delusions?

Well if your theory is correct (which it isn't you ***) then every time you respond to me, you are feeding into my delusions. Again, you make no sense. I don't care if I am the only honest ****er in this thread. That is the crappiest compound boost set up I have ever seen. And you only support my opinion by telling us how many problems you have had with it. So why defend it to the bitter end?

Digital

Established Member
It's not the cobra but it's an update. New daily. 2007 CBR 1000RR. I'm gonna try to get some things rolling on the cobra next week or at least by the weekend after this one coming up.

picz3w010.jpg

picz3w011.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread