Compound Boost Anyone?

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Let me pipe in here...I have a Hellion Shelby I've made 1200rwhp at 39psi Compound boost....It have run 9.49. at 155 with about 30psi. Several 9.50 passes in the Florida heat...with a 6-speed and drag radials. If the car had an auto it would go 8's all day...Also the car weighs 4160 with me in it. The Hellion compound kit is the SHIT!!!! The kit doesn't blow up cars the jackass tuning it and the shitty driver blow the cars up. I have over 200 dyno pulls and 200plus passes....still ticking!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS BRING IT!!! I'll put my compund car against any of your single or twin cars...From a roll or the dig you're getting left. NO LAG BITCHES!!

Digital

Established Member
You're in Miami....bring it PBIR for a good old fashion HELLION spanking!!!:banana:
Easy now champ. You already make more power then me by a lot. The quote people make about the hellion car article where they blew up the car to get the numbers was what I was talking about. There is nothing wrong with the kit. Just magazine racers. Our cars are in completely different leagues currently. What would that prove? You have twice my boost, twice my turbos, and probably twice my engine. Your post was pretty pointless. A turbo kit is just piping and various accessories. IMO 95% of turbo kits are way over priced. Which is where this argument stemmed from. It's pretty hard to get bent pipe, a turbo, wastegate, and bov wrong.
You did however make a good point about tuners being a large part of the issue.

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Let me pipe in here...I have a Hellion Shelby I've made 1200rwhp at 39psi Compound boost....It have run 9.49. at 155 with about 30psi. Several 9.50 passes in the Florida heat...with a 6-speed and drag radials. If the car had an auto it would go 8's all day...Also the car weighs 4160 with me in it. The Hellion compound kit is the SHIT!!!! The kit doesn't blow up cars the jackass tuning it and the shitty driver blow the cars up. I have over 200 dyno pulls and 200plus passes....still ticking!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS BRING IT!!! I'll put my compund car against any of your single or twin cars...From a roll or the dig you're getting left. NO LAG BITCHES!!

They have single turbo compound kits. Either way, I wanna see it on video!

Digital

Established Member
Fastmustang runs your same time with ~400 less hp and 1 less turbo. Just putting that out there.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Fastmustang runs your same time with ~400 less hp and 1 less turbo. Just putting that out there.

Maybe you missed the part about the boost I race with...1000rwhp tops. Also the part about my car weight..400lbs heavier.

fastmustang70

Established Member
still have have more boost to i only run 26-28psi you have 30psi a 5.4 and a extra turbo so when i get my bigger turbo i thing the cars should be a very good race and yes my car is 6speed

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
still have have more boost to i only run 26-28psi you have 30psi a 5.4 and a extra turbo so when i get my bigger turbo i thing the cars should be a very good race and yes my car is 6speed

Your car runs strong!! Anybody going 9's with a stick has a BAS ASS car!!! I have a new aluminum motor with more compression waiting to be put in. We'll see how that runs. You should try E85 it's incredible...300-400 low cylinder temps....the thing will not detonate.

Digital

Established Member
Your car runs strong!! Anybody going 9's with a stick has a BAS ASS car!!! I have a new aluminum motor with more compression waiting to be put in. We'll see how that runs. You should try E85 it's incredible...300-400 low cylinder temps....the thing will not detonate.
He is running e85.

Modded New CBR1000 & Top of 5th gear > Cobra Motor.. But only by a couple cars!
I'll have more info tomorrow most likely............. But it's bad. Hint Hint: P0302 :read:

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
Ok so anyways I guess I'll post over from the kill thread section.

A group of bikers are at one of the hang outs. The slowest one was a new CBR1000 which I had gathered had some weight reduction and at least a tune. Dude was a real good rider (from what I saw in the race) and ~185#s.

I asked if he wanted to go and they laughed and I said for real. They say no car has beat them but a ton have tried. I tell them I take 750s by more then a few cars which seems to get their attention. So we roll out.
It's a little "damp" and I was spinning till 80-90 earlier. I tell him to start in front of me and I'd flash my lights to signal the go (He had no mirrors) but he started behind me half a car for some reason.

I'm in 4th at ~85 when I flash my lights. He nails it hard and when he gets to my door I roll into the gas strong. At that RPM full boost is instant and we're off. At the top of 4th I've stopped him about a car ahead and I dare say I might have gained some real estate back, I slam 5th and he creeps maybe a car more ahead do to my poor shift. I hold him to that till ~170 when the engine lets go.

Black smoke everywhere like a poorly tuned diesel truck, car is shaking causing it to sway all over the lane. I get it slowed down and we pull off the road. He was impressed and I joked about it eating a piston (probably did.)
We exchanged pleasantries about the race and he takes off. I limp my bitch back to my shop looking like it's a meth dragster on fire to await the new short block I have built there.

(epic 1 handed completely fail iphone video)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6lJrk9FPQ"]YouTube - 03 Compound Cobra vs New "Lightly" Modded CBR1000[/nomedia]

I almost had him, another 20-30mph and I woulda got his ass!

(Next day)

picz3w.jpg

Yaaaa... I'm pretty sure cyl 2 melted. Oil all in my vacuum system and I'm missing almost 3 qts inside my tail pipes lol. In the words of my partner "man this is exciting, now we get to make that thing go fast!" Bastard...

So anyways it's back at the shop. I'm going to swap over to 200+ lbs injectors, pull the motor out.. AGAIN. Take the short block off and swap everything but the cams to my built short block. I'm ordering a custom set of turbo cams unless I can find some solid ones here before then. We're going to do a light port job on the heads and have a machine shop take a look at it to make sure everything checks out.
Assuming everything checks out it'll go back together and I'm going for high 20#s on e85 with the same setup.
My partner wants to pull the eaton off but I want to try to milk this turbo to the max with the eaton and see what happens before I order a second turbo. I think I'm going to try to do two of these 78s with the eaton and attempt 1500hp but we'll see when that time comes to redesign the turbo kit.

Digital

Established Member
Specs on my short block.
Teksid block bored .020 over.
4V 5.0L Stroker Kit: Kellogg stroker crank, manley lightweight competition stroker billet rods, CP -23 dish +.020 bore pistons, stainless steel file fit +.020 rings, King HP main bearings, King HP rod bearings.
Melling high volume magnesium housing oil pump /w billet gear package.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
That sucks man, sorry to hear the engine let go.

Very impressive keeping up with a new 1k cbr

Looking forward to the numbers when you get the new engine in.

fastmustang70

Established Member

Agreed any stick car in the 9,S is badass you are one of the few people that have ture track data with a compound boost car nobody even tells us there times and am on 110 not e85

Users who are viewing this thread