Complancy ?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Myself and my platoon wore it that way, so I must be a mentaly retarted idiot.....oh yeah stupid and careless. By the way...Ive been on three deployments on which myself and my platoon has never had any negligent discharges or any type of weapon related misuse. Do you seriously have anything good to say about the Armed Forces...because in my opinion you been bashing them a lot in this thread.
yes, in my opinion that makes you stupid and careless. There was an article in the Stars and Stripes about it. i was always taught that you never point a weapon at someone unless you intend to use it. those shoulder holsters, in my opinion, and in the opinion of a LOT of the military should be banned.

And I have not "bashed" anyone. I have voiced the truth. everything I have posted is the truth and that is born out by the responses from the Military. I have huge amounts of respect for the job they do, and huge amounts of respect for most of those who serve. That respect ceases however when it comes to someone who is too lazy to wipe up after themselves or flush the toilet and will take a shit on top of a shit on top of a shit.

Not much I haven't seen in 6 years out here supporting them.

RDJ, just a quick question, do you ever leave the wire, or are you a "fob-it".
I cannot answer this question without violating the rules of the forum. If you really want me to answer ask me in smackdown where I can give you an answer your question deserves. OR you can do a search on the term FOBIT and you can read what I have already said on the matter.

saleensc281

Established Member
yes, in my opinion that makes you stupid and careless.

Thats awesome, I have some civilain who knows nothing of what I do and have I have done, saying that I am stupid and careless. Here is an idea... instead of talking about the NEGETIVE things about the military...how about you focus on the something POSTITVE. We (military..NOT civilian) hear enough negetivity on the news. You say that you have respect for what we do, but I find it funny that the very first post in this thread..you want to point out our shortcomings and downfalls..even if it is the truth.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thats awesome, I have some civilain who knows nothing of what I do and have I have done, saying that I am stupid and careless. Here is an idea... instead of talking about the NEGETIVE things about the military...how about you focus on the something POSTITVE. We (military..NOT civilian) hear enough negetivity on the news. You say that you have respect for what we do, but I find it funny that the very first post in this thread..you want to point out our shortcomings and downfalls..even if it is the truth.

What you don't seem to understand it that i posted it HERE because this is where people would actually understand what I was talking about. Because you have been there done that.

When you go off post, you can obviously wear your weapon however you want. because THERE it can affect whether your live or die. Inside the wire that is not the case and with the number of clearing barrels destroyed and people who have been killed because someone thought their weapon was empty, carrying a weapon in a holster that points directly at the chest of the guy behind you is just dumb and unsafe INMO even if you are 'sure" it is unloaded. As I said there are many members of the military that feel the same way.

I have defended the military plenty on this forum, I am probably one of it's biggest supporters. as I have said I have been out here for 6 years the first 2 of which were spent on balad in 03-05. I think to a certain extent that gives me the right to voice an opinion.

and while I don't know what YOU do specifically I think you give me too little credit for what I may or may not know about life out here, esp. since you seem to be judging it from a single post.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
Instead of going from TQ to kuwait we now have to go TQ -> Balad -> Kuwait.

are you serious? that's absolutely ridiculous. we flew into balad on our way in because we spent our first 4 months in diyala and then flew down to ramadi for the rest of our time and then went to tq for our flight out. that's ridiculous that they are gonna take you from tq which is much further south and fly you north to balad and then back south to kuwait. :nonono:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
are you serious? that's absolutely ridiculous. we flew into balad on our way in because we spent our first 4 months in diyala and then flew down to ramadi for the rest of our time and then went to tq for our flight out. that's ridiculous that they are gonna take you from tq which is much further south and fly you north to balad and then back south to kuwait. :nonono:

Serious as a heart attack LOL! and I agree it is totally stupid from where I sit. the Marines are leaving the Army is taking over and I am guessing that it has to do with what the Air Force is wanting to do. the only bright side is that I get to go back to my old stomping grounds and see the changes that had just barely started when I left.

they took the Tent CASH down and put up a hard building for a Hosp. and the area where our tents were is now hard building office space from what I last heard. they had also built a HUGE building for the TCF and were supposed to move all that stuff over there, but they screwed the pooch on the drainage and when it rained the place flooded LOL so I don't know if they actually moved in or not. Will be interesting to see.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
Worked my ass off LOL I was helpdesk and later the lead. we worked over at the coscomm hqs. which was across the street from the hosp. All the TCF stuff was in there.

Looks like I will get to go back to the "old neighborhood" around the 18th. am heading back on vacation and they have changed our path. Instead of going from TQ to kuwait we now have to go TQ -> Balad -> Kuwait. and because of the flight schedule I could wind up stuck there for a day or two. so will get some shots of the new stuff they build down on that corner.
yea i remeber. lol about the flight thing. on my home i had to go from Balad -> Mosul -> Qatar -> Home. Had to go to Mosul to drop 1 person off :dw:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I dont think thats so bad. Hell i eat midnight snacks with my loaded pistol and when im havin sex with the mrs., i have the damn thing locked and loaded holstered between her breasts.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
I dont think thats so bad. Hell i eat midnight snacks with my loaded pistol and when im havin sex with the mrs., i have the damn thing locked and loaded holstered between her breasts.

LMAO, this thread is bad ass. I mean really whats the big deal about a loaded gun inside the chow hall im just eating:shrug::bash::bash::bash::mj:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
LMAO, this thread is bad ass. I mean really whats the big deal about a loaded gun inside the chow hall im just eating:shrug::bash::bash::bash::mj:

that is what they said about backpacks until on blew up in the Mosul chow hall and killed a bunch of folks.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Midnight chow rocked my world, I loved it! Both at Taji (freaking Mall of America) or Rustimuhya (garbage hole).

Pistol in pants is just lazy/stupid. Or thuggin'!

I don't see what's wrong with the shoulder holsters you're talking about, but that's me. Seems that all ND come from idiots at the clearing barrel/blowing past the clearing barrels.

People with dirty weapons prob. never leave the FOB. Saw that going on both tours I had.

Yea, flights can be goofy there.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
I don't see what's wrong with the shoulder holsters you're talking about, but that's me. Seems that all ND come from idiots at the clearing barrel/blowing past the clearing barrels.

except if the don't clear it and hit the trigger the weapon is pointing directly at whoever is behind them. and there's a pretty high chance of someone being there if it's in a chow hall. plus most shoulder holsters have retention issues and the pistols can fall out very easily and if it's a loaded weapon can easily discharge from said drop. seeing as how any jackass who would be walking around with a loaded pistol in a shoulder holster probably didn't care enough to flip the safety on.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
that is what they said about backpacks until on blew up in the Mosul chow hall and killed a bunch of folks.

Actually, the guy had no explosives at all in his backpack, it was a suicide vest with an estimated 35-50 pounds of explosives laden with ball bearings. Sadly, i lost 2 good friends in that chow hall that day that i went through basic and AIT with. But it did lead to them changing policy on bringing bags in.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
How do you feel about the thigh holesters? They point directly at people while sitting down. The FOB I was at was amber at all times. The only clearing barrel was at the FOB entrance.

I personally don't like the shoulder hareness but to each their own.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
How do you feel about the thigh holesters? They point directly at people while sitting down. The FOB I was at was amber at all times. The only clearing barrel was at the FOB entrance.

I personally don't like the shoulder hareness but to each their own.

My personal opinion is that they are better than the shoulder holsters. In the case of the shoulder holster they point at the chest, or the back of the guy behind you, the thigh holsters at lease are not pointed at my chest and they SEEM to be less likely to be less likely to be accidentally discharged.

My personal comfort level draws the line when it is pointed at my chest.

Superman750

Part-Timer
Established Member
I was out of Q-West. We didn't clear our weapons before going into the Chow Hall only for the reason that we weren't allowed to be on base with magazines in anyways. The weapon was cleared once coming onto base (green status) and it was supposed to stay like that for the rest of the time until you rolled back out. While in the Chow Hall, you were allowed to set your weapon on the ground next to you, but everyone in my troop had the bipod gangster grips. However, I was on a combat outpost and we stayed in Amber (Mag in, no round in chamber) while on the outpost. Again, as soon as we rolled in, weapons were cleared and returned to Amber. There is one thing that my 1SG told us that I will never forget. If you had an ND he would fry you because 3 things had to happen in order to have an ND. 1. There has to be a round in the chamber 2. The safety needs to be off and 3. The trigger needs to be pulled.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
I was out of Q-West. We didn't clear our weapons before going into the Chow Hall only for the reason that we weren't allowed to be on base with magazines in anyways. The weapon was cleared once coming onto base (green status) and it was supposed to stay like that for the rest of the time until you rolled back out. While in the Chow Hall, you were allowed to set your weapon on the ground next to you, but everyone in my troop had the bipod gangster grips. However, I was on a combat outpost and we stayed in Amber (Mag in, no round in chamber) while on the outpost. Again, as soon as we rolled in, weapons were cleared and returned to Amber. There is one thing that my 1SG told us that I will never forget. If you had an ND he would fry you because 3 things had to happen in order to have an ND. 1. There has to be a round in the chamber 2. The safety needs to be off and 3. The trigger needs to be pulled.

Only one of those are true to have an ND.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Only one of those are true to have an ND.

There have been two cases that I am aware of (one Army, one Marine) where guys were ****ing off with their weapons. Someone pointed out to them that they should knock it off because they might be loaded. The idiot with the weapon said, "no it's not, watch this" and proceeded to blow their own head off. Sorry, but I have no tolerance for a weapon loaded or "unloaded" pointed anywhere but the ground or at an enemy.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, how is that? If you take out any of those variables, an ND will not occur.

If a round is in the chamber and the weapon is charged, the weapon can still fire even while on safe. Next time you are cleaning your weapon just for shits and giggles, unloaded of course, charge your weapon, then put it on safe, acting as if you are at attention, pick the rifle up off the ground and then let the buttstock hit the floor. Your weapon will click which is the sound of the bolt riding forward. If there was a round in the chamber, the weapon would discharge. Granted while this is a rare occurrence, it is still possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread