Complancy ?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ok I have noticed a couple of things around here that are really starting to bug the shit out of me.

We haven't had any IDF around here for awhile and it seems that too many people are now becoming complacent, and in some cases down right sloppy in a lazy kind of way.

The First: I go to midnite chow, most of you guys know how badly midnite chow sux LOL! But the Marines out here say that even it is better than the Marine chow hall in the states.

Anyway me and a few of my Marine counterparts are sitting at a table eating and a bunch of Army guys come in. and cross paths with a Gunnery Sgt. He stops one of them and engages in a surprisingly quiet conversation and then takes the kid out the back door for more conversation. We were wondering what it was all about when it hit us. The fool had his pistol in his pants POCKET! What kind of an idiot goes to chow with his pistol in his pocket?

Then there is that whole, clear your weapon thing. I am continually amazed at how many people don't bother to do this.

I recently had to move hooches and the heads have been MUCH cleaner (and closer LOL) but we recently got a pantload of Army guys in and I never thought there was anybody that cleaned up after themselves less than the Marines. Well to my amazement there is. I swear these guys think they haver brought their mommies with them to clean up after them. I went into the head last night and it looked like someone had rolled around in the dirt then took a bath in the sink. Dirt left in the sink half way up the sides, dirty water all over what passes for a shelf and the floor.

I have been out here long enough that I do not expect things to be spotless, Lord knows I am not the worlds cleanest guy around but this is getting ridiculous. I think I am gonna hang a sign up that reminds them that their momma doesn't work here. I think it will come as a surprise to some of them.

Thanks for listening ...

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
The First: I go to midnite chow, most of you guys know how badly midnite chow sux LOL! But the Marines out here say that even it is better than the Marine chow hall in the states.

that is a factual statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the midnight chow in the diyala and al anbar provinces was far superior to anything i had back stateside.

Ok I have noticed a couple of things around here that are really starting to bug the shit out of me.

We haven't had any IDF around here for awhile and it seems that too many people are now becoming complacent, and in some cases down right sloppy in a lazy kind of way.

Anyway me and a few of my Marine counterparts are sitting at a table eating and a bunch of Army guys come in. and cross paths with a Gunnery Sgt. He stops one of them and engages in a surprisingly quiet conversation and then takes the kid out the back door for more conversation. We were wondering what it was all about when it hit us. The fool had his pistol in his pants POCKET! What kind of an idiot goes to chow with his pistol in his pocket?

Then there is that whole, clear your weapon thing. I am continually amazed at how many people don't bother to do this.

I recently had to move hooches and the heads have been MUCH cleaner (and closer LOL) but we recently got a pantload of Army guys in and I never thought there was anybody that cleaned up after themselves less than the Marines. Well to my amazement there is. I swear these guys think they haver brought their mommies with them to clean up after them. I went into the head last night and it looked like someone had rolled around in the dirt then took a bath in the sink. Dirt left in the sink half way up the sides, dirty water all over what passes for a shelf and the floor.

I have been out here long enough that I do not expect things to be spotless, Lord knows I am not the worlds cleanest guy around but this is getting ridiculous. I think I am gonna hang a sign up that reminds them that their momma doesn't work here. I think it will come as a surprise to some of them.

Thanks for listening ...

i can honestly say after doing two change overs with the Army in country that i'm not suprised in the least! the pistol in the pocket reminds me of the time one of the Marines in my unit found a rifle in a port a crapper that was a Soldiers or when we found an M4 that belonged to an Airman about 12 clicks from the AF base. the guards at the chow hall wouldn't let anybody any if they didn't clear their weapons first, so that sounds like a failure on there part as well. that's pretty ridiculous about the heads. they don't realize how good they have it to even have heads to use. but hey atleast you don't have bulgarians there who when you walk into the showers are there shaving each others ball sacks!!!

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
i can honestly say after doing two change overs with the Army in country that i'm not suprised in the least! the pistol in the pocket reminds me of the time one of the Marines in my unit found a rifle in a port a crapper that was a Soldiers or when we found an M4 that belonged to an Airman about 12 clicks from the AF base.
yeah when I first got here in Nov '03 there was ALWAYS a new notice up on the chow hall wall as we went in about some clown that lost his weapon or a weapon was found. I always compared it to leaving for work completely dressed and getting there without your underwear. Of course that was when they allowed folks to stack their weapons on the floor in a pile while they ate. Now, here at least they are required to keep them slung while they eat. That is not necessarily the same at Army run chow halls however because we still see them getting "talked to" for putting their weapons on the floor. that is one way to always tell who is new.
the guards at the chow hall wouldn't let anybody any if they didn't clear their weapons first, so that sounds like a failure on there part as well.
True. everyone used to be more anal about it but we have nigerian guards and they get pretty lax about it. I have had to tell a couple of guys to do it a time or two. they were not real happy about a civilian telling them that but too bad LOL !
that's pretty ridiculous about the heads. they don't realize how good they have it to even have heads to use. but hey atleast you don't have bulgarians there who when you walk into the showers are there shaving each others ball sacks!!!
Hahahahahahahahaha are you kidding me???? dayum I guess that is better than walking in on them 69ing tho LOL!

There is a shower up where I work that is not used much so I go up there to shower. the ones here at the hooch just sux ass. and yeah I missed burning shit by a couple weeks and had the portashitter experience for the first 6 or 8 months before they finally got what passes for a proper shitter. nothing like having to take a dump in a portajohn that has been baking in 105 degree heat all day.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
yeah when I first got here in Nov '03 there was ALWAYS a new notice up on the chow hall wall as we went in about some clown that lost his weapon or a weapon was found. I always compared it to leaving for work completely dressed and getting there without your underwear. Of course that was when they allowed folks to stack their weapons on the floor in a pile while they ate. Now, here at least they are required to keep them slung while they eat. That is not necessarily the same at Army run chow halls however because we still see them getting "talked to" for putting their weapons on the floor. that is one way to always tell who is new.
True. everyone used to be more anal about it but we have nigerian guards and they get pretty lax about it. I have had to tell a couple of guys to do it a time or two. they were not real happy about a civilian telling them that but too bad LOL !

i remember we had nigerian's at the chow hall at ar ramadi and they were anal about it. but it's been awhile since i was in country so i'm sure since things have scaled back so much lately that they are getting laxed as hell. hey brother you gotta do what you gotta do, f'em they should have done it own their own. better you saying something then you getting shot in the face because ol pfc dumbshit left a round in the chamber and his safety is off and when he's sitting it on the floor hits the trigger by accident.

Hahahahahahahahaha are you kidding me???? dayum I guess that is better than walking in on them 69ing tho LOL!

There is a shower up where I work that is not used much so I go up there to shower. the ones here at the hooch just sux ass. and yeah I missed burning shit by a couple weeks and had the portashitter experience for the first 6 or 8 months before they finally got what passes for a proper shitter. nothing like having to take a dump in a portajohn that has been baking in 105 degree heat all day.

no bs man, they literally would be shaving each others junk. it was by far the most disgusting thing i've ever seen. alot of them wore mesh underwear too and would walk around the showers with them on. they might as well of not worn any underwear....lol i can't blame you it def sounds like it's worth the walk to the other showers. oh yeah nothing is better than taking a dump in a port a crapper that's been roasting all day in the land of sand and sun. ohh the memories

03DOHC

Established Member
nothing like having to take a dump in a portajohn that has been baking in 105 degree heat all day.
isn't that lovely? LOL I always hated the flies because you knew they had just been walking on the you know what. Or if they pull the can out from under you while you're sitting there and suck the crap out of the pan then put it back. That smell is 10x worse and gags me every time.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member

Thanks for listening ...

Things must be very different now. Our chow hall guards woudnt let you enter without clearing. And i want to say that pistols had to be holstered. And NO PT's in the chow hall. Thats something that always amazed me that some guys would show up in PT's to the mess hall! the guards would be on red status in full battle rattle checking ID's and watching the clearing barrels (before the 101st got rid of them). The pistol in the pocket thing is just lazy and unsafe not to mention violating AR 670-1. I will say though that as far as keeping an AOR clean and enforcing that standard is a big part on the COC. I know when we first got into country up north most of us young guys were newbs and all our or squad leaders on up were vets so we didnt know nothing and thought the KBR guys would clean up lol. The first time some guy left empty toilet paper rolls, or any trash in the shower/pisser area the 1sg came down hard. Second time we were pulling guard and doing police calls 3 times daily. That will make you stop being a dirty bird quick once you gotta put your gear back on after being out of the wire 16+ hours.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
I remember when I was in AQ the chow hall was definitely better than the states and we referred to Al Asad as "Chow Asad" :D No stupid lunch ladies saying you could only have one starch and BS like that.

In regards to not clearing the weapons and carrying them like that... Well, that's the Army. We had an Army lieutenant when I was there who became very upset about clearing his pistol when told to by a Marine Lcpl, swearing it was clear. He pointed the pistol at the deck and pulled the trigger and shot his Medic in the foot.

You're right though, people don't realize how good they have it. When I first arrived in Country I didnt have a chowhall, I ate MREs all day every day. We didnt have showers either, we got shuttled back to AQ once every three weeks for that, in the mean time you used baby wipes. We also didnt even have wag bag shitters, we had to burn it. I know how rough a combat zone can be, but so many of these support MOSs have no clue spending all day at the FOB never leaving the wire.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
In regards to not clearing the weapons and carrying them like that... Well, that's the Army. We had an Army lieutenant when I was there who became very upset about clearing his pistol when told to by a Marine Lcpl, swearing it was clear. He pointed the pistol at the deck and pulled the trigger and shot his Medic in the foot.
You're right though, people don't realize how good they have it. When I first arrived in Country I didnt have a chowhall, I ate MREs all day every day. We didnt have showers either, we got shuttled back to AQ once every three weeks for that, in the mean time you used baby wipes. We also didnt even have wag bag shitters, we had to burn it. I know how rough a combat zone can be, but so many of these support MOSs have no clue spending all day at the FOB never leaving the wire.

Its more of a non disciplined individual than a generalization of an entire branch as well as a display of the leadership in that particular unit. I can speak for myself as well as a few other units that if Soldiers arent trained or have proper corrective training done, the mistakes (negligence in this case) will happen. Ive seen some ****ered up people downrange in all branches, its not just the Army. I heard a similar story about that where some LT shot a guy in the arm doing the same thing. First rule of weapon safety is treat your weapon as its loaded at all times. I dunno how anyone can do it any other way regardless of rank or branch. There were numerous times at the mess hall where you'd hear some idiot discharging his weapon into the clearing barrel. Things def got better over time, i was always up north so i didnt really know any different. Marez sucked but we always had a decent chow hall and an even better one once the first one got blown up. since we had the Airfield on the other side, the AF dont **** around with living standards lol

Last edited:

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I remember when I was in AQ the chow hall was definitely better than the states and we referred to Al Asad as "Chow Asad" :D No stupid lunch ladies saying you could only have one starch and BS like that.

The chow hall at Al Asad was AMAZING. lol. So was the gym for that matter. Those were the 2 nicest buildings there.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
the AF dont **** around with living standards lol

:lol:. I remember back in 05 when i was at Lsa Anaconda we would always be talking bout when another clearing barrel would meet its end. But i remember a few times going to chow and bypassing the clearing barrel and somebody always saying something about clearing weapons out. We (AF SF) only take m4 mags out and leave 9mm holstered, as the same thing we do state side. But theres always gotta be somebody that has not got that memo that says that we are allowed to do that. But its all good. Each service has its way of doing things. :shrug:. And the Air Force has some nasty mother****ers to. I remember some some bitchs that needed a shower bad or would wear the same stank ass uniform for days or more :nonono:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
:lol:. I remember back in 05 when i was at Lsa Anaconda we would always be talking bout when another clearing barrel would meet its end. But i remember a few times going to chow and bypassing the clearing barrel and somebody always saying something about clearing weapons out. We (AF SF) only take m4 mags out and leave 9mm holstered, as the same thing we do state side. But theres always gotta be somebody that has not got that memo that says that we are allowed to do that. But its all good. Each service has its way of doing things. :shrug:. And the Air Force has some nasty mother****ers to. I remember some some bitchs that needed a shower bad or would wear the same stank ass uniform for days or more :nonono:

I was there the same time you were. Got there in Dec. 03 left in Oct. 05

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
The chow hall at Al Asad was AMAZING. lol. So was the gym for that matter. Those were the 2 nicest buildings there.

i can't speak for the al asad chow hall but when we were on our way out we stopped in tq for a few days. the chow hall there was out of this world! pizza bar ftw!!!!!!! :rockon:

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Striker chow hall had:
Taco bar
stir fry bar
Ice cream bar
Salad bar
and a couple of other ones but can't remember what they were.

99navert

Established Member
Camp Bucca had a great chow hall then I went to Kandahar... Supreme is the worst contracting company I have ever come across. Rice for every meal, yummy

The only good thing about the chow hall in Kandahar is that I never had to unload my pistol (AF SF) which was usually the only thing I carried since I worked in the BDOC.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Camp Bucca had a great chow hall then I went to Kandahar... Supreme is the worst contracting company I have ever come across. Rice for every meal, yummy

The only good thing about the chow hall in Kandahar is that I never had to unload my pistol (AF SF) which was usually the only thing I carried since I worked in the BDOC.

Hopefully you are not one of the mentally retarded idiots that wear the shoulder holster that points straight back at the guy standing behind you. I see that shit all the time in the Army and Marines and all I want to do is beat the shit out of them for being so stupid and careless. I don't care if it is an approved holster.

99navert

Established Member
No, I'm not one of those mentally retarded idiots but have dealt with many. The only time I wore a shoulder holster is when I was wearing PT gear, and it would be unloaded. Its stupid for many reasons to keep it loaded in a shoulder holster, including the weight distribution being all jacked up which causes even more problems, usually resulting in said person looking like a jackass with his weapon sagging & swinging wildly. I wore the Serpa leg holster while at work or in DCU's.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What did you do while you were there?

Worked my ass off LOL I was helpdesk and later the lead. we worked over at the coscomm hqs. which was across the street from the hosp. All the TCF stuff was in there.

Looks like I will get to go back to the "old neighborhood" around the 18th. am heading back on vacation and they have changed our path. Instead of going from TQ to kuwait we now have to go TQ -> Balad -> Kuwait. and because of the flight schedule I could wind up stuck there for a day or two. so will get some shots of the new stuff they build down on that corner.

saleensc281

Established Member
Hopefully you are not one of the mentally retarded idiots that wear the shoulder holster that points straight back at the guy standing behind you. I see that shit all the time in the Army and Marines and all I want to do is beat the shit out of them for being so stupid and careless. I don't care if it is an approved holster.

Myself and my platoon wore it that way, so I must be a mentaly retarted idiot.....oh yeah stupid and careless. By the way...Ive been on three deployments on which myself and my platoon has never had any negligent discharges or any type of weapon related misuse. Do you seriously have anything good to say about the Armed Forces...because in my opinion you been bashing them a lot in this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread