Comparing cost of home ownership

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Taxes 12k or at least I’m told $100 a month goes to property taxes.. who knows

Electricity: $40 a month
Water: $9 a month

Stanger00

Established Member
Cad, house cost to tax ratio would be roughly the same. Either way thats some wild ass property taxes some of you have to pay but I'd assume you have lower income tax rates.

In America we have Federal income tax and some states have state income taxes. And most importantly all of this is progressive, so it’s complicated.

I didn’t update the other thread but I figured out my effective tax rate for my household income was 14%. State income effective rate was almost 3%.

FYI federal tax went down 2% and my income went up 10%.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
House is worth maybe 350k
Taxes, $2200 a year.
Electric only averaged is $70 a month
Insurance with hurricane crap is $2500
Mortgage was like $900 a month. We paid it off.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Taxes are a killer in Broward.

House after homestead assessed at 253k, taxes are $6900, insurance 2900 annually and electric 250 per month.

The wife wants to move but I refuse to pay our incompetent county a penny more in taxes since they just piss it away.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Taxes are a killer in Broward.

House after homestead assessed at 253k, taxes are $6900, insurance 2900 annually and electric 250 per month.

The wife wants to move but I refuse to pay our incompetent county a penny more in taxes since they just piss it away.

Broward is a ducking shit hole.

I lived in PBC for 25 years

blk02edge

Established Member
is your property tax deductible during tax time? Can you guys write off those huge 10k+ annual taxes?

Op you have added how much can you benchpress in your post.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Why, am I flexing? Not much to flex about compared to some here. Not to mention, I'm sure my net/gross on my paycheck is shithole awful compared to any of you. When I worked oil/mining I paid 60k in annual income tax

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
is your property tax deductible during tax time? Can you guys write off those huge 10k+ annual taxes?

Why, am I flexing? Not much to flex about compared to some here. Not to mention, I'm sure my net/gross on my paycheck is shithole awful compared to any of you
Lol, nah. But in the almost 20 years ive been around this place i have learned a few things when asking certain questions to people on a public forum. Youre going to get about 20% honesty.

Never ask anyone on svtp how much they make, how much they can bench or how much their house is worth. And, never....ever for any reason ask anyone if they can box, because all of a sudden everyone's an MMA fighter in the olympics. This really happened. Then there was that guy that worked at an auto parts store swearing he made 80k. As much as i love y'all, most people are full of ****.

Some of you old scboolers feel me.

Last edited:

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Broward is a ducking shit hole.

I lived in PBC for 25 years

PBC not much better, vero beach, sebastian, Stuart and Jupiter is where everyone with resources are headed.

Were here as both my wife and I are close to her family and we are in a decent area. The craziest part is even a crap house in Broward is about 200 bucks per sq foot. They are selling new zero lot line homes in lauderhill for 450k and they can’t build fast enough.

Stanger00

Established Member

Why, am I flexing? Not much to flex about compared to some here. Not to mention, I'm sure my net/gross on my paycheck is shithole awful compared to any of you. When I worked oil/mining I paid 60k in annual income tax

Still looks like it’s more expensive to live in Canada even with my Yuge property liability.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
House value - $425K

Property tax - $7000yr

Garbage and water - $850yr

Insurance - $1400yr

Electricity and gas - $1500yr

3700sqft 4bd/4ba

Dusten

Established Member
Just curious how the annual cost of one family home compares between our countries and between different states. Just the simple basics, sparked by some numbers I saw in another thread.
BC, Canada
For me on my 500k (assessed) house;
-property tax- $1200/year
-irrigation district/garbage pick up-$450/year
-home owners insurance-$1200/year
-natural gas bill- about $80/month
-electricity- 160ish bi monthly.

I know it'll vary a ton due to location and other aspects, but curious what others pay throughout.

Assessed value 580k

Taxes - 5900
Ins 1200
Water/sewer/trash - 1100 a year
Gas - varies about 1300 a year
Electric - less than 50 a month(wood and gas heat)

blk02edge

Established Member
Lol, nah. But in the almost 20 years ive been around this place i have learned a few things when asking certain questions to people on a public forum. Youre going to get about 20% honesty.

Never ask anyone on svtp how much they make, how much they can bench or how much their house is worth. And, never....ever for any reason ask anyone if they can box, because all of a sudden everyone's an MMA fighter in the olympics. This really happened. Then there was that guy that worked at an auto parts store swearing he made 80k. Most people are full of ****.

Some of you old scboolers feel me.

I never asked how much people made though... why would anyone lie about their home value and property taxes? lol

Users who are viewing this thread