Company policies against cold weather gear

E$O3200

Established Member
So recently the Account Manager for my employer decided to make a company policy against beanies on all shifts other than graveyard shift. We recently went through a change in management. It was never a problem before. The duties of my position require me to constantly patrol a 20+ acre campus located in San Francisco. As temperatures dip into the 50s and below, I feel like a beanie is a necessity for being outside hours at a time. I talked to my supervisor, but it seems like they are not budging on this new policy. Any suggestions?

Day: 0600-1415
Swing: 1400-2215
Grave: 2200-0615

SHOdown220

Established Member
50s? Not trying to sound like a jerk but is that really cold for you? I mean I don't feel the need to wear a beanie until it hits teens. That does sound like a strange policy, honestly not much you can do about it I wouldn't think. Dress code is dress code.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
:lol:

Its been in the low 30's here at base and we havent even been able to break ours out yet.. 50's, thats almost T-shirt weather!!

E$O3200

Established Member
50s? Not trying to sound like a jerk but is that really cold for you? I mean I don't feel the need to wear a beanie until it hits teens. That does sound like a strange policy, honestly not much you can do about it I wouldn't think. Dress code is dress code.

Everything is relative. Here in CA, we have moderate weather, so 50s combined with the wind chill is pretty cold. Btw I am walking around outside for around 6.5 hours out of an 8 hour shift.

Ear muffs

Earmuffs were previously suggested to the manager, he shot them down stating the beanies were enough.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
ohsa approved helmet liners Grainger.com lot of style choices and if you are told to take it off call ohsa.

E$O3200

Established Member

jbs$

Established Member
Have you considered not being a pain in the ass and just getting with the program. Who knows you even get an inside job some day.

blwn306

Established Member
Lol being a Texan 50s is awesome! Still out in shorts but I've been to San Fran and that coastal wind chill sucks!

hoamskilet

Established Member

this lol

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
columbia-sportswear-internunico-ear-flap-hat-for-men-in-burlap-print~p~4445a_02~1500.3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread