Comp Orange Mach 1 restoration...

Recon

Established Member
Ok fellas I spoke with the machine shop this week. If everything goes smoothly and according to plan the engine should be ready for pick up early next week. While that’s happening I’ve been hunting for a break in tune and then start doing some datalogging. Before all that happens I’m going to find out what gear is in the rear. I have the suspicion that its not 3.55’s. Everything that’s done to the car suspension wise makes me think they changed out the rear gear for a more aggressive ratio.

Pick your poison.

Sketchy_Mach1

Established Member
Ok fellas I spoke with the machine shop this week. If everything goes smoothly and according to plan the engine should be ready for pick up early next week. While that’s happening I’ve been hunting for a break in tune and then start doing some datalogging. Before all that happens I’m going to find out what gear is in the rear. I have the suspicion that its not 3.55’s. Everything that’s done to the car suspension wise makes me think they changed out the rear gear for a more aggressive ratio.

Pick your poison.

Just read through this thread, and I'm eagerly awaiting more!!!

Recon

Established Member
Just read through this thread, and I'm eagerly awaiting more!!!

Plan is engine assembly will start sometime Saturday. An unhealthy amount of private matters have come up lately so I haven’t had time to work on the engine. I’ll be picking up the Terminator IRS this Saturday as well. We’ll be adding a few things to it before it’s installed though.

Pick your poison.

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Sounds like our builds are very similar. I have installed t56 out of cobra, irs with full ftbr setup and built my motor. If you have any questions hit me up I will help if I can.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Pick your poison.

Who is doing your machine work and engine build?

Redacted by the Law Offices of John J. Garvey using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
Who is doing your machine work and engine build?

Redacted by the Law Offices of John J. Garvey using the svtperformance.com mobile app

It’s our go-to machine shop for the auto repair shop I work at. I personally will be doing the reassembly, while being overseen by my boss/father. I tore the engine apart and I want to reassemble it.

Pick your poison.

Recon

Established Member
Sounds like our builds are very similar. I have installed t56 out of cobra, irs with full ftbr setup and built my motor. If you have any questions hit me up I will help if I can.

I’ll take you up on that offer later on. My intentions for the IRS isn’t full race car. I think a brace, bushing kit, some springs, and Bilstiens should be enough for me. I’ve said my Roush will be my race car so this one will be a toy that I want to look good and sound good.
A almost perfect example of what I want the rear end to look like when I’m done body wise:
df3ea89837cd62c55f45ee9907e9369c.jpg

One thing I’m toying with is if the Terminator spoiler should be black to keep the Mach theme. It looks great body color but I guess I need to see both to make a final decision.

Pick your poison.

josephcostello

Established Member
I’ll take you up on that offer later on. My intentions for the IRS isn’t full race car. I think a brace, bushing kit, some springs, and Bilstiens should be enough for me. I’ve said my Roush will be my race car so this one will be a toy that I want to look good and sound good.
A almost perfect example of what I want the rear end to look like when I’m done body wise:
View attachment 1498322
One thing I’m toying with is if the Terminator spoiler should be black to keep the Mach theme. It looks great body color but I guess I need to see both to make a final decision.

Pick your poison.
I think the black terminator spoiler would be an awesome touch on the Mach.

Recon

Established Member
I tore the engine apart and I want to reassemble it.

Pick your poison.
Mad respect for you man

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app[/QUOTE]
I’m looking forward to it. I want to drive the car.

I think the black terminator spoiler would be an awesome touch on the Mach.
I’m still up in the air about it, I can’t find one on a CO Mach. Here’s an Azure:
0c2926f1d49dc406346e094c6e05a38c.jpg

I've also been considering a black terminator spoiler but decided to stay stock for now always toying with idea to make it different.
My car currently has a functional Steeda spoiler. I don’t particularly car for the look, but I’m currently trying to get a stock Mach spoiler. Then I want to locate a CO Terminator trunklid and put it on my car.

Pick your poison.

Recon

Established Member
3a3129ff025a3600903bc6cf3d995ef7.jpg

Figured I’d post this. It looks alright, bushings are getting a little tired. Someone also welded some friggin exhaust hanger brackets to the subframe. That will be cleaned up soon hopefully. Once the car is running and engine is good to go tune wise I’ll install the IRS. Everything I want done to it should be ready by then.

Pick your poison.

Recon

Established Member
If your talking about the ones in the pic they are suppose to be there. Nvm. I see them did the car have center exhaust.

The exhaust is routed directly under the differential in an IRS, compared to over the axle on a SRA set up. My guess is they welded more hangers on the system to keep it from hanging down too far. Probably issues with alignment and the hangers helped keep the exhaust in place.

Pick your poison.

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Yeah my flowmaster hang lower then I like and have a drone I'm not fond of. May switch to borla to see if that help with the drone. Hanging low do to the way it routes seems to be an unfixable issue.

Recon

Established Member
Yeah my flowmaster hang lower then I like and have a drone I'm not fond of. May switch to borla to see if that help with the drone. Hanging low do to the way it routes seems to be an unfixable issue.

Hm, drone isn’t an issue with me, but the hanging exhaust might cause my OCD to have a meltdown.

Pick your poison.

Recon

Established Member
Question for you guys. What do you all think of the baby FR500 intake manifold? I found one that isn’t priced ridiculously, and I’m curious if I’ll have issues with the shaker system. In timers of mounting brackets and positions.

Pick your poison.

Recon

Established Member
Nasvt is very knowledgeable about intakes and cams maybe he will chime in.

Research I’ve done shows the intake doesn’t make much peak power and torque, but improves the figures throughout the rpm range. Which is something I’m interested in.

Pick your poison.

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Maybe be cheaper to port and shorten your intake to reach same results and you know the shaker will mount no problem. Although with a little time and fabrication you can make anything work

Users who are viewing this thread