Comp Cams Driveability

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Is anyone running stage 2 or 3 comp cams. I just wanted to find out about the driveability for a daily driver. And if long trips were any less pleasant.

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
My tuner told me not to throw my money away? I was under the impression cams opened up the engine for another 20+

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I had Comp Cam Stage 2's installed by Street Lethal Performance in Western PA. It was a 2011 and Lund did the tune himself. I was maybe the 3rd tune Jon did on a Coyote w/ Cam swap. Also had Stainless Works Exhaust (full). 407-433RWHP.

I think I posted a video here before.

The Stage 2's were pretty fluid, lots and lots of LUB, LUB, LUB. There is very little stall or hesitation at idle. It did rock it's idle RPM between 800-1100 but that's programmable. It would spin pass 7500 BUT, no power there with my set up.

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Well I decided to hold off until I get everything else installed. But I may revisit it, before to long.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
My tuner told me not to throw my money away? I was under the impression cams opened up the engine for another 20+

I was going to do cams on my 2015 GT a while back, but was told the same thing by a tuner. Around $3000 for parts and labor is a bit steep for 35 rwhp. That's very close to boosted territory with gains of 250+ rwhp easy. Also the GT350 intake manifold swap is making close to 35 rwhp and they can be had for $960. I still love the sound that cams give, so if I do decide to get them they will be the very last thing that I do to the car......

Unless a shop wants to test a set...

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I was going to do cams on my 2015 GT a while back, but was told the same thing by a tuner. Around $3000 for parts and labor is a bit steep for 35 rwhp. That's very close to boosted territory with gains of 250+ rwhp easy.

Curse of the Mod-Motor lives on!

Also the GT350 intake manifold swap is making close to 35 rwhp and they can be had for $960. I still love the sound that cams give, so if I do decide to get them they will be the very last thing that I do to the car......

Unless a shop wants to test a set...

Could you just run a Ghost Cam to get that sound? Save the money of real cams for a blower.

Users who are viewing this thread