comp cams 106300

MachJoe

Established Member
I've done some research and I'm still confused. Also, there isn't much reviews at all on these cams. I initially wanted to get 106100s, but I've found the 106300s (and 106400s) for a cheaper price. I realize I'll need new springs as well, but are these cams any good for our cars? I'm full bolt on right now (minus TB and have no intake work). I want to keep my Mach n/a, but do not want to do anything drastic. I mainly want it for a weekend warrior. Any advice/opinions on these cams?

4v_mach1

Established Member
I've done some research and I'm still confused. Also, there isn't much reviews at all on these cams. I initially wanted to get 106100s, but I've found the 106300s (and 106400s) for a cheaper price. I realize I'll need new springs as well, but are these cams any good for our cars? I'm full bolt on right now (minus TB and have no intake work). I want to keep my Mach n/a, but do not want to do anything drastic. I mainly want it for a weekend warrior. Any advice/opinions on these cams?

If you don't want to do any drastic mods then I would stick to 106100's since they require no springs. The 106300's and 106400's I think require springs and that would cost you more since you have to buy them and have someone professional install them unless you're planning on doing all the labor yourself. The 106100's make great power and everyone that has them on svtp/mach1reg is pretty damn satisfied.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Get the 106100 cams if you are set on doing cams. Buying and installing springs will drive the cost way up.

MachJoe

Established Member
If you don't want to do any drastic mods then I would stick to 106100's since they require no springs. The 106300's and 106400's I think require springs and that would cost you more since you have to buy them and have someone professional install them unless you're planning on doing all the labor yourself. The 106100's make great power and everyone that has them on svtp/mach1reg is pretty damn satisfied.

Ok thanks. I'll probably pick up the 106100s then. Do you know what to degree them at?

4v_mach1

Established Member
Ok thanks. I'll probably pick up the 106100s then. Do you know what to degree them at?

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming the cams come with a little paper that tells you where to degree them? Usually mustang shops know where to degree them if you're planning on having one install them. Shakn04mach has 106100's try to get in contact with him and na svt on mach1reg is the God of camshafts and he will answer all your questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread