Comp boost cams or custom grind?

toomnymods

Established Member
I have a set of Trick Flow (1) valve springs on the way to me from JPC and after doing some reading and realizing how time consuming it is to swap them out im kinda wondering if i should install them with cams cause lotta people are saying that swapping them alone is kinda a waste.
The question i have goes to what cams should i buy to complement a twin turbo build that will be 90% street driven with 800ish hp (after motor is built) and turned up to 1100+ for the track days 2-3 times a month.
I'm wondering if the boss exhaust cams would be good enough to do the job?
Or maybe would the Comp stage 2 or 3 blower cams or a custom grind be needed? I hadn't planned on porting and polishing the heads and doing cams till i build the motor. I estimate that to be atleast 1.5 to 2 years away.
1) Plan on installing the armageddon twin kit within next 3 months, stay at 6-7 lbs and under 700 rwhp on e85.
2) probably save for a Moser M9 rear end next as the 8.8 is a giant pos imo..
3) swap in the t56 magnum xl cause autos are boring, haha
4) save around 7-10k for a motor build
If i was still single with no kids this would go a lot faster,lol timewise but it is what it is..
So what would you suggest i do?
I'll be n/a for atleast 3-4 months and i wanted to swap in the billet tss oil pump gears, trick flow stage 1 valvesprings, boss tensioners, and the lower billet mmr cam sprocket next week as i have 8 days off of work and my friend is going to help me (been a ASE master certified tech for over 20 yrs)

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
You don't want blower cams if you are going turbo. Stock cams or custom cams for your setup and goals. My buddy went through bullet racing for his cams on his 02 GT with a single turbo and he made about 1060whp with stock exhaust manifolds on E85.

Honestly though if your goal is anything under 1000whp I wouldn't even touch the cams and put the money elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread