COMING TO AMERICA: THE ALL-NEW 2024 FORD RANGER RAPTOR IS READY TO DOMINATE IN THE DIRT 

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ranger Raptor? Pffft. It's no Tacoma, but I suppose it'll do.

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

snakecharmer

Established Member
I like it. A lot. I would order one today if I could find a Ford dealer that wasn't greedy. Bet money the ADMs are 15-20 to start.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I see that all of the new Rangers are getting the 10R60 instead of the 10R80 like mine. I wonder if it is just less prone to bad shifting compared to the 10R80, or they are just trying to save money? I understand that these have had some hardware issues already. Also, I wonder if the Ecoboost Mustang is going 10R60?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I see that all of the new Rangers are getting the 10R60 instead of the 10R80 like mine. I wonder if it is just less prone to bad shifting compared to the 10R80, or they are just trying to save money? I understand that these have had some hardware issues already. Also, I wonder if the Ecoboost Mustang is going 10R60?
The factory calibration of the 60 is just as bad as the 80. My Explorer ST is the worst calibration of the 60, so anything with the 60 or 80 is better than me! The 60 is decently strong, many guys running bottom 11s in the Explorers aren't having issues. The Ranger only got the 80 as the 60 wasn't ready when it launched.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I am working with my tuner to turn the adaptive learning off to see what the results of that are. Right now, I am basically running a Normal mode shift strategy that uses tow mode shift points, Sport mode shift strength/speed, but without the excessive engine braking of the two. It would be fantastic if not for the occasional adaptive quirk and the f'ed up cold first shifts on 3-4 and 4-5.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Meh....I almost bought a 250 tremor before my F150 Raptor...no way I would go smaller than an F150.

Users who are viewing this thread