comic collectors?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I used to be, back when spawn first came out and image did, then lost interest. still have quite a few

ssssnake

Established Member
Yeah, I like to collect a variety - WWII postal covers celebrating 50 years, the state quarters, boxes of baseball, football cards, 1950's Campbell Soup doll (wish I still had my Barbies), postcards from the 40's, etc. Don't know if they're worth anything, but I enjoy it.

ArkangelX3

Established Member
I collect lots of comics, X-men, spawn, wolverine, spiderman etc.... I also collect countless and countless number of actions figures. Probably have over 500 Figures. I also collect certain diecast cars. etc..... I think if you put the market value of everything i own, its probably worth more than my Cobra, now thats scary!!!

ArkangelX3

Established Member
You do know that most young kids, first sexual knowledge usually comes between Gi-Joe, and Barbie!!!!
Anyone who knows who Todd McFarlane is, knows that his toys are extremely detailed, so its hard to call them toys, but they arent really statues either...Ohh well, i still have too many of em.

jacob67

Established Member
You do know that most young kids, first sexual knowledge usually comes between Gi-Joe, and Barbie!!!!
Anyone who knows who Todd McFarlane is, knows that his toys are extremely detailed, so its hard to call them toys, but they arent really statues either...Ohh well, i still have too many of em.

very true

i also collect a large number of figuers(toys), Some spawn, batman, superman, star wars, etc, etc.

I also have a collection of wall art, and many statues of different charactors. and i collect the non-sport cards(thousandsss)

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Well, my uncle is an avid collector. He started as a kid and would buy 2 of each -- one to read, the other to save. He has some extremely valuable First Issues and everything is insured.

He's a Sgt.Major in the US Army so its kinda funny that this high-ranking, classic Mustang driving weight-lifter of a guy collects comic books. Not funny at all when you think about what the collection is worth...lol :eek: WOW!

I use to collect and when I was in the Air Force my mom moved. I have no idea where those comics are now. I didn't have anything valuable though (I don't think I did, anyway). I do have a few valuable NBA TOPPS cards from the late 80s, early 90s.

jacob67

Established Member
It's kinda tough telling what will be worth what.

I just collect because i like too. Out of the thousands i have spent on the collection, i would be lucky to get 20 or 30K out of it.

Mystic 544

Established Member
Used to be a huge collector of both Comics and Sports Cards! Have 5/6 of those long Comic storage boxes and probably close to 100K sports cars.
Got tired of the price going up so much on both that I pretty much stopped buying, but once addicted one can never really quit;-) I still grab a pack or two of cards when I'm at Target and I am always on the look out for rare or old Comics and Cards. I have about 95% of the first 350 X-Men books and would love to fill in the holes some day.
Biggests kicks in the head:
Sold my X-men #1, a year later it more than doubled in value and now with the movie series helping value...:(
In the mid 80's I passed up on an opportunity to buy good copies of Amazing Fantasy #14, Amazing Spiderman #1, The first few issues of Fantastic Four and a bunch of other period books from the 60's because I didn't have enough $'s to pay for the lot and thought the bottom of the Comic universe was going to drop:bash: It did, just not on the classic books, which were not so classic 20 years ago.
Sold my Dan Marion rookie card for $5
Ahhhhh, to have a time machine or to know then what I know now:cryying: Oh well, I still have a lot of good stuff, one of these days the market for it will pick back up!

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
X-Men , X-Factor, Robotech, Transformers, Spawn, Youngblood, Spiderman (MacFarlane)...

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I have several thousand comics in storage. All sealed with acid free backing boards and boxed out of reach of my daughter. I was an avid collecter in the 80's. The story lines no longer interested me after that. The pride of my collection was TMNT #1, I actually had to have my mom sign a concent form when it came out. I also was big into X-men, I have issues 75-220. I don't regret spending a dime on them. I could have spend my early wages on much worse in my youth.

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Yep ...sure do ...... Approximately 8000 books and climbing ...... Only collect Spider-man, Avengers and FF these days .....

Have them stored and insured right next to my '65 Vert ....

Know anyone that wants to buy some ?

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
I have a box of Amazing SpiderMan, Spectacular SpiderMan, SpiderMan, SpiderMan Unlimited, SpiderMan2099 and Web of SpiderMan comics from the early to mid '90's. Some of the important ones are Venom's 1st Appearance, Carnage's 1st appearance, death of Green Goblin, all the MacFarlane SpiderMan issues, Maximum Carnage series and all that clone BS stuff with Scarlet Spider. After the Scarlet Spider thing, I just stopped buying SpiderMan because it got kinda confusing trying to keep up with all the titles. I switched to Chaos! Comics and bought the Lady Death series and Evil Ernie. Interesting reads right there :thumbsup:

jacob67

Established Member
what really sucks is that chaos went under :(.

i have several hundred chaos books and was really disappointed.

but i believe crossgen is picking up the lady death title! :D

Users who are viewing this thread