Comcast sucks big time.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I was paying about $113/mo. for basic cable and high speed internet. I felt like i was getting screwed, so i called them for their bundle service. We agreed on paying $139.99 for HD cable, HBO, Highspeed internet, and phone service. Last month they had the nerve to charge me $492 due to upgrading charges and prorated charges. I was pissed and called them and was able to talk them down $100 bucks which non of this was not a part of the agreement or disclosed. Now this months bill somehow added up to $175 which, again, was not a part of the agreement. Im hold right now ready to rip someone a new one.
I really thinking of cancelling all of comcast and going with new providers. What do you all pay monthly for these services? i need to go a different route.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
All Comcast,phone,internet and tv w/a DVR.I pretty sure it`s around $115,i`d have to ask the wife.You have to call from time to time and threaten to go elsewhere,they`ll give you the promotional package prices for up to 2 years.Just did that a while back.

3Mach1

Established Member
I was paying about $113/mo. for basic cable and high speed internet. I felt like i was getting screwed, so i called them for their bundle service. We agreed on paying $139.99 for HD cable, HBO, Highspeed internet, and phone service. Last month they had the nerve to charge me $492 due to upgrading charges and prorated charges. I was pissed and called them and was able to talk them down $100 bucks which non of this was not a part of the agreement or disclosed. Now this months bill somehow added up to $175 which, again, was not a part of the agreement. Im hold right now ready to rip someone a new one.
I really thinking of cancelling all of comcast and going with new providers. What do you all pay monthly for these services? i need to go a different route.

Im paying about the same and feel like Im being ripped off also. I have little choice since they have no real competition in my area. Im open to any suggestions because Im going to have to do something.

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
I have had a very similar problem with comcast myself...i got them down to $90 a month for HD cable and internet.
Cable is THE BIGGEST RIPOFF over anything. I hate comcast. Does anyone have any bad experiences with Verizon?

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I'm moving to NoVA in a week and just priced shopped this:

Comcast Cable plus 15mb internet: 105.70 a month
Verizon FiOS with HD Cable and 20 mb internet: 104.98 a month

As a company I'd rather give my money to Verizon than comcast.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I hate Comcast, I ditched them six months after I first got it. I have DirecTV Total Choice Plus package with HBO. I have 4 recievers, 2 of which are hi-def & my bill is $98. I have Bellsouth 6 meg DSL & the bill is $44.

Comcrap's internet is faster but it didn't matter since it never ****ing worked.

Jefe

Established Member
I pay $9/mo for 4 DVRs(1HD) with every channel they offer and 16MG internet.

But thats because my roommate does sales for Comcast. You need to find a Comcast salesman who can waive install/fees and get you the lowest price they offer on all services. Dont call Comcast directly. Go find a Comcast booth in the mall or something and explain that crap to them and watch your bills drop

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I cannot stand Comass! They jacked my bill up from 140 to 185 and I asked them why my bill went up and it was just because there service had went up randomly not giving me any notice of this increasing bill change.

I canceled my service that day and signed up with ATT. Not only was installation free with them unlike Comcast but I received a 100 rebate check and a 50 Visa card from them just for signing up. I got $150 cash back. My bill is $140. All I know is I have a crap load of premium channels plus the normal ones, a lot of HD channels and decently fast internet setup. Works for me. I can DVR up to 4 shows at one time and watch my DVR shows on my other TV's. It doesn't have to be on the specific TV that the DVR is on like Comcast. You can upload photos to your TV and set your DVR from the internet or phone. You can play games like solitaire on your TV. They have a specific application for the weather where you can plug in a zip code and find out the weather. It's great service!

Last edited:

LaFlavor

Established Member
Charter cable here, about $100 with 10 meg high speed and expanded basic with the HD channels and a DVR.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
I pay 19.99 for 12mb Internet w00t w00t! No other service needed.

where?

I just cancelled my Comcast.. i got hit with a 521$ bill out of nowhere. I was paying 140 for cable and internet? Screw cable i just need internet now.

2k1cobra

Established Member
Damn these cable companies rip us off. I pay $120 for 1 HD DVR and high speed internet.:cuss: I have time warner BTW.

Jefe

Established Member
Guys pay attention to what I said, these sales guys from Comcast will save you hundreds of dollars. Just gotta find them

DARK GEARS

Banned
where?

I just cancelled my Comcast.. i got hit with a 521$ bill out of nowhere. I was paying 140 for cable and internet? Screw cable i just need internet now.

I went on their support chat and told them I seen a promotion for 24.95. They told me it wasnt available in my area but one for 19.99 for a whole year was available so they gave it to me. Can't complain LOL

They did totally screw up my billing when that happened though. So now it's paid for a few months.

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I went on their support chat and told them I seen a promotion for 24.95. They told me it wasnt available in my area but one for 19.99 for a whole year was available so they gave it to me. Can't complain LOL

They did totally screw up my billing when that happened though. So now it's paid for a few months.

That's what I have, I also pay I think around $40 for DirecTV. I was paying $150 to Verizon for crappy DSL, land line, and DirecTV bundle.

Users who are viewing this thread