Comcast cable pepople -- have you switched to verizon?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Sick of paying out the ass for Comcast cable.......just gets old having one of the largest bills being for cable.

Has anyone switched over to Verizon? Do you like it? Pro's and con's please!!

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I just dropped my package down to basic and wifi and will be getting Apple TV instead. Saving me almost half my bill

aarons04cobra

Established Member
Dish network man. Its cheap as can be. gets lots of channels, and I have on demand, and DVR, and the Hopper, so we can pause and rewind live tv. I think i pay $75 a month.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Verizon is just as much a gimmick and scam as Comcast. Wait until your 2 year contract w/ Verizon is up and you see what your new bill will be. It's similar to Comcast because they both think it makes sense to screw the loyal customers by increasing the cost each month after contract is up and reward new customers w/ discounts and free stuff.

I hate Comcast and think it's overpriced, but in my town Fios isn't allowed so its Dish or Comcast. I'm so tired of seeing all the same old movies on the premium channels every day. I've been thinking of dropping HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, etc to save some money. Of course the way their packages go I will probably lose channels I actually watch.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
thats been my issue as well...I think ill start by dropping all the premium channels.

I can watch a lot more stuff online than I thought

ChromeSnake98

Established Member
had the same problems ian, price just kept going up and up, finally we got so fed up my girlfriend called. After the people bullshitting us and telling us that there was no possible way we could get a cheaper price and that we already have all available discounts, she asked to speak to the cancellation department (we were gonna switch to verizon) they asked what we were gonna do. she told them their prices were outrageous and we were going to verizon with the same package for a shitload less. they asked how much she told them and they ended up matching verizon. basically they only people you wanna deal with are the cancellation people. we now have all the normal channels, hbo, starz and encore. one hd drv, one reg hd box and another reg box, with phone and internet and we pay like $150 down from like $220

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
I signed up for Comcast when I moved to MA a year ago. Had all the basic cable channels and mid grade internet. I spend 99% of my TV time watched stuff on Netflix/Hulu so when my 6 month promo was up I cancelled the TV and stuck with the internet. They called me back after a week and said they had a new promotion where I could get my TV back + Showtime and the top tier internet for $5 more/month than I was paying for just my internet; all locked in for 2 years at that price with no contract. Needless to say I said yes and haven't touched the cable once. The $5 more a month is well worth it since now I can watch TV or play games while my girlfriend does her thing with no issues. My download speeds have almost doubled too.

So you might want to try cancelling all or part of your TV and see what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread