Combo setup?

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
Well guys just finished installing a 2.3FR TVS,Fore fuel system with dual 465 pumps for E85,105 lb injectors,cobra jet single blade TB, 1-7/8 long tubes, heat exchanger, idle bracket, Spec clutch and suspension.

My question is I have the innovative west 10% lower and have a 2.65 upper as well but I haven't install yet. But will this over spin and cause more heat? I'd like to put both on and green belt would be good? Any advice will be great!

Last edited:

Venom07

Established Member
Because you will be on e85, you will be just fine. It will produce some heat, but you got the cooling mods to support.

Van@RevanRacing

That will produce more heat but you've got an adequate fuel system and E-85 cools the combustion so is say go for it and add a dual fan heat exchanger and you're good to go.

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
That will produce more heat but you've got an adequate fuel system and E-85 cools the combustion so is say go for it and add a dual fan heat exchanger and you're good to go.

Van I need to add the fans to heat exchanger because it doesn't have them. I need to add a larger cooling reservoir and take the smaller one out. So 10% and 2.65 is okay then? The thing is motor is a brand new stock shortblock 2000 miles but don't want to kill motor just yet.

Would it be wise if a smaller upper 2.4 or 2.5 with the 10% lower still be okay with E85 or this is pushing it.

Van@RevanRacing

Van I need to add the fans to heat exchanger because it doesn't have them. I need to add a larger cooling reservoir and take the smaller one out. So 10% and 2.65 is okay then? The thing is motor is a brand new stock shortblock 2000 miles but don't want to kill motor just yet.

Would it be wise if a smaller upper 2.4 or 2.5 with the 10% lower still be okay with E85 or this is pushing it.

You're safe with E-85 and that pulley set up. Smaller upper pulley means more heat and more blower speed so I'd stick with what you got and you can always add a smaller pulley later once you get some more mileage on the motor.

Larger reservoir will help and a dual fan heat exchanger is a must when spinning a TVS like this.

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
You're safe with E-85 and that pulley set up. Smaller upper pulley means more heat and more blower speed so I'd stick with what you got and you can always add a smaller pulley later once you get some more mileage on the motor.

Larger reservoir will help and a dual fan heat exchanger is a must when spinning a TVS like this.

Van one more thing at this time is the belt.... Go with gates green belt?

Venom07

Established Member
Yes you want the green belt. I have a 2.71 upper with 10% lower and car still made 20.5lbs of boost on pump gas. I have no heat issues so far so I could imagine with e85 that you will be in a much better position than I am. I do have the fans and larger reservoir. You have any other questions call or text me, you already have my number. Lol

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
Yes you want the green belt. I have a 2.71 upper with 10% lower and car still made 20.5lbs of boost on pump gas. I have no heat issues so far so I could imagine with e85 that you will be in a much better position than I am. I do have the fans and larger reservoir. You have any other questions call or text me, you already have my number. Lol

Thanks bro I appreciate it. Need to get the little things and hopefully be on dyno by this weekend.....

Last edited:

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
Guys I mentioned green belt earlier. What is the part #? For what I have 2.65 upper and 10% lower?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread