Color Poll...

Color and Stripes?

• Blaze Yellow w/ White stripes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Ford execs won't give the dealers any details on the 2013s other than build numbers (7000). However, it's obvious what the 2013 will look like ('70 style hocket-stick stripe), and the Speed program on the Boss 302 showed a 2013 and had the available colors.
I haven't seen 7,000 published anywhere. This is what your dealer told you?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
There was a book that was going to be published and it said 8,000 with 3,500 Boss and 500 LS each year of the two years. But nothing official has been stated or published from Ford AFAIK. I'd love to see something official.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Ford will not publicly release anything official so that demand doesn't wane at all for the 2012. If people knew there were many more 2013s coming, then they wouldn't pay the $5-15K mark-ups many dealers will place on the 2012s.

The info my dealer gave me was from the Ford exec that told the dealers their individual allocations. He pressed on the exec a little when he found he was only getting 1 2012 so that he had an answer if someone came in after that 2012 was sold. And I trust this dealer. He is very close with some upper Ford management and has some clout there. They wouldn't give him false info, and he wouldn't bullshit me.

As for the 7000 units for 2013, that may be a little off, but the exec said there would be twice as many 2013s as 2012s, and there will be anywhere from 3000 to 3500 (3500 is more likely) 2012s. That number doesn't include the LS, as I didn't ask him.

As for the colors and stripe-package for 2013, those I'm sure of. :banana:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Ford will not publicly release anything official so that demand doesn't wane at all for the 2012. If people knew there were many more 2013s coming, then they wouldn't pay the $5-15K mark-ups many dealers will place on the 2012s.

The info my dealer gave me was from the Ford exec that told the dealers their individual allocations. He pressed on the exec a little when he found he was only getting 1 2012 so that he had an answer if someone came in after that 2012 was sold. And I trust this dealer. He is very close with some upper Ford management and has some clout there. They wouldn't give him false info, and he wouldn't bullshit me.

As for the 7000 units for 2013, that may be a little off, but the exec said there would be twice as many 2013s as 2012s, and there will be anywhere from 3000 to 3500 (3500 is more likely) 2012s. That number doesn't include the LS, as I didn't ask him.

As for the colors and stripe-package for 2013, those I'm sure of. :banana:

they can pm me the 411

Last edited:

cloud9

Established Member
Manufacturers (Ford) do not like ADM. It hurts the brand as the consumer ends up transferring the frustration to the brand, not the dealer. The idea that they are trying to encourage ADMs doesn't make any sense. They would just raise MSRP. They went down that road with the GT500 and spent more time trying to get MSRP right on the Boss.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Manufacturers (Ford) do not like ADM. It hurts the brand as the consumer ends up transferring the frustration to the brand, not the dealer. The idea that they are trying to encourage ADMs doesn't make any sense. They would just raise MSRP. They went down that road with the GT500 and spent more time trying to get MSRP right on the Boss.

after re-reading the other post, it sounds more like a dealer perspective and not Ford.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Sorry, it was from the perspective of Ford first (no waning demand) and dealers second (won't pay mark-up). Trust me, many dealers know about the 2013, but they won't say it until all 2012s are spoken for.

Users who are viewing this thread