College

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Only takes about 125 hours for most bachelor degrees, but of course you’ve got to have certain required courses depending on the major.

What do you want be when you graduate?

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Majority of accredited colleges will only transfer in 75-80% of the total credits needed to graduate. This number fluctuates some based on whether the school is traditional semesters (state universities and community colleges) or quarterly credit hours (primarily for profit based colleges and universities). Lastly, general education courses only transfer if they’re passed with a C or higher, and in some cases, within 5 years of starting your degree.

I didn’t go to college immediately following high school therefor had to work to support my family while I attended college. This is why I went with a for profit based university mainly due to the flexibility, ease of transfer credit, work-life-experience credit and job placement.

Let me know if you have questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Already have my career, just looking to make myself more competitive.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I was a headhunter for 25 years. Where you are located, and what you do now has a big bearing on what school is available to you and what degree would advance your cause, since it seems it is not a requirement if you are already in the field.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
How do you have some many credits and no degree?
If he was like me, changing your mind on what you wanted to pursue...multiple times. I had enough credits for two bachelor degrees, almost three, by the time I got my meteorology bach. Working on Master's meow.

What are you interested in? You shouldn't base what college you go to off of it being a "good school." You go to a school that is good at what you're interested in.

Side note: years of good experience trumps a degree in a lot of cases.

04YellowGT

Established Member
I worked my getting my second degree. Not fun but can be done. What field of study are you interested in? Sadly in today's world many employers won't even look at you without a 4 year degree no matter what you have for experience.

Make sure you thoroughly review the school you are interested in. Many colleges are offering night classes for working adults and the quality of degree can vary greatly.

jmsa540

Established Member
You still haven't answered a few people's question(s): What do you do for work and what are you interested in/want to go to school for/earn a degree in?
Calm down.

Just want to finish my BS in Criminal Justice. Not willing to discuss my personal career on the interwebz at the moment.

Interested in public service, per se.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Calm down.

Just want to finish my BS in Criminal Justice. Not willing to discuss my personal career on the interwebz at the moment.

Interested in public service, per se.

The only reason he asked, as did I, is you asked an extremely broad question. Getting a degree to be more marketable depends on what you do for a living. And there will be plenty of good schools, but they may not be in your location.

So rather than waste folk's grey matter, why not give some appropriate info so we can answer, or abandon the question?

jmsa540

Established Member
Just asking what college will take the most credits back?

I was joking about the "calm down" comment, btw. So no harm.

Not looking for anything special, just interested in what others have done for college so i can get some better ideas on where to attend.

Itll be online, of course.

velocicaur

Established Member
You generally have to put in 30-40 credits at the degree granting institution and about half of those will have to be the upper division courses in your major.

Any of the big online programs should be fine. You can get degrees from well respected universities Penn State and University of Florida now.

Users who are viewing this thread