Collector Car insurance

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I posted a thread a while back about this. I am glad to say that my Cobra is now covered for what it is worth. Hagerty was the only collector car insurance place that I found that would cover a 93 Cobra as a single car. Lots of them would cover it as part of a collection, but Hagerty was the only one that would cover it by it self. Just wanted to pass that along in case any other owners are looking for a cheaper insurance for your Cobras that don't get driven too much. It cut the cost of my insurance on my car in half.:thumbsup:

02_Lightning

Established Member
I pay $60/half (storage insurance) and the vehicle is covered quite nicely from my regular insurance company.

buddha93

Established Member
What sort of coverage did you get, and what is your premium if you don't mind me asking?

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I have my car insured for $16,000 if I have a total loss. It has comprehensive and liability and I can drive it 1500 miles a year (I don't drive that many in a year). The rate is $352/Year and it is listed under Exotic/Specialty cars. The rate will vary by state by quite a bit and I live in Arkansas. There must be something in the state laws that is funny, because I talked to several companies that do not write policies in AR.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Any other limitations besides mileage? I know some say you can't drive it to work and the only time you can drive it is if you are going to a show/function, etc.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I have not got the entire policy in the mail yet, but I will let you know about it when I do.

john chingasos

Established Member
Just got off the phone with Hagerty Insurance and they said that they will not insure anyhing with more than 25,000 miles on it:fm:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
They covered mine and it has 108K on it. I made sure they knew the correct mileage just to make sure there were no misunderstandings. They just called and asked why it had so many miles and I told them it was my daily driver for four years while I was paying it off. I don't see why they would tell you that :shrug:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Originally posted by 93Cobra2771
Any other limitations besides mileage? I know some say you can't drive it to work and the only time you can drive it is if you are going to a show/function, etc.

I got the policy in the mail yesterday and looked it over pretty close. There is a lot of stuff in there to make sure that you have a daily driver car, but as far as I can tell, it sounds like it is covered when using in car shows, parades, any public viewing area, also it can be driven as a pleasure vehicle. About the only thing it says it is not covered are acts of war, terrorism, racing functions, nuclear attack (if the car is burned as a result of nuclear attack it is covered :D ). It covers theft from a display area. It seems like a regular policy.

Users who are viewing this thread