Collector Car insurance?

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Anyone in here know of a company that will insure a 1993 Cobra as a collector car? All of the ones that I have checked so far require the car to be at least 20 years old, unless it is an exotic. Just wondering if anyone in here currently has a collector car policy on their 93 Cobra? It is way cheaper than regular insurance and the coverage is better. :shrug:

5LiterMustang

Established Member
dont you have a limit to how much you drive it?

i dont know much about the Collector Car Policies, but a while back i was thinking of using it to cover my ASC/McLaren Mustang

cobra1993svt

Established Member
I have a 93 Cobra with collector insurance on the car. The company I use is called Parish Insurance
2047 Highway 96
Burns, TN 37029
615-740-9083
Ive been with this company for about 5 years with excellent coverage.I also had my car appraised and they now cover it for the appraised value. There are a few stipulation on the coverage. 1500 miles a year and must be stored in a garage. Give them a call. They should be able to help you out. Let me know how it goes. Oh by the way I pay $374 for a years coverage

95rcobra

I was with Parish Heacock since 1993 with insurance on my 93 Cobra first then the 93R and finally the 95R. I went over to Grundy worldwide earlier this year when I bought the 03. Parish would not insure the 03 combined with the 95R on a collector car policy. Grundy let me insure the 03 on the same policy as the 95R and the rates were great. I pay $970 a year for the 2 cars with an agreed value policy for 35K on each car with no mileage limitations and no deductables. I enjoyed many years of great coverage with Parish Heacock but was glad to find Grundy worldwide for the 03.

Later,95rcobra.

www.grundy.com
----------------------------------
1995 Cobra R model #185
2003 Redfire Cobra coupe. stock
for now.

5LiterMustang

Established Member
ya, i've seen Grundy advertised on "My Classic Car" the TV show.

congrats on owning a 95R. 1993 Cobra R is my favorite mustang created, you should have kept yours!

95rcobra

Thanks 5liter,
I have always been a huge fan of the 93 Cobra and 93R. after owning both of them I wish that I could of kept them both but there is always that garage space and cash flow problem. my 93 Cobra R is owned by a member of this board R-CODE and is currently for sale here in the market classifieds. happy with the 95R and the 2003 Cobra plus I have not had any problems with either of my Cobras.

Later, 95rcobra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Cobra R model #185
2003 Redfire Cobra coupe. stock for now.

buddha93

Established Member
I also use Parrish. I pay $250 a year with a 3k limit on mileage and must be garaged kept.....not a problem for me.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I checked with Grundy and they told me that they do not cover Mustangs built after 78 (or some year close to that) unless it is part of a collection. I will check with Parish. Thanks for the info!

satx

Banned
hmmm.....called both of these people and grundy claims they won't cover late model mustangs unless part of a collection, parish says that I am too young (can they do that?) at 27 yrs.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Originally posted by satx
hmmm.....called both of these people and grundy claims they won't cover late model mustangs unless part of a collection, parish says that I am too young (can they do that?) at 27 yrs.

Parrish told me the same thing. They would not cover my car because it was not part of a collection (what do they think, I am rich?!@?!) and because I was not at least 30 years old (I will be 30 in September). I found one by doing a Yahoo Search. It is called Hagerty and it looks like they are going to cover my car. It is almost half the price that I pay now and I am guaranteed to get what my cars replacement value is and not the KBB of like $3,200. I am so happy I found Hagerty.

john chingasos

Established Member
Could you please post Hagerty's contact information. Thanks.

How much is your insurance because I have a 93 cobra sitting in my garage and I drive it about 1500 a year?:burnout: :coolman: :rolling:

CobraSphere

Established Member
Great info. I contacted Grundy and was told that they do not cover late model cars unless exotic. 1500 miles is not a problem for my 93 Cobra. I also have a 94 Cobra and it gets most of the miles. Will give Parrish a call. Thanks!!!

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Hagerty Insurance - 1-800-922-4050

PO Box 1301
Traverse City, MI 49685-1301

http://www.hagerty.com/

Hagerty said that they classified a 93 Cobra as an Exotic/Specialty. The rate is higher than for the other classifications, but still cheaper than what I am paying right now.

Users who are viewing this thread