Cold Hard Boost... CPR kit install

CPRsm

So the return fitting must be welded in on this kit?

Yes! Never been a large fan of punching a hole and taping threads, hoping the metal doesn't fall in to the pan. We do have an exchange program though. We can send a pan already welded for you with your kit. Send us a good core for the next guy, and 50 for welding and painting the pan.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Only prepped to drop the k member today. Dropped the lower a arms, removed top nuts for engine mounts, dropped the tie rods, removed bolts for steering shaft, drained oil, routed the safety strap for the front of the motor and disconnected steering connectors.

Probably won't drop the k member untill Thursday morning when I get home from work to get back on a normal sleep schedule. Gonna drop the oil pan, weld the return fitting, swap headers, swap over steering rack and install new k member in one day. Shouldn't be a real issue.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Yes! Never been a large fan of punching a hole and taping threads, hoping the metal doesn't fall in to the pan. We do have an exchange program though. We can send a pan already welded for you with your kit. Send us a good core for the next guy, and 50 for welding and painting the pan.

X2 brother! Plus, it would be gut wrenching to attempt to tighten down the return line and the fitting just spins in the pan because it's stripped. **** that, do it right the first time and weld it. No issues :beer:

Brent Davis

Established Member
CPRsm is the man. Great kit and craftmanship. Been knowing this guy a while from back in the old "turbomustang" forum days and he was just as helpful and crafty then too.

OP......You bought a great kit and for those that may be interested in his kit, don't hesitate. Just might get me to make a switch later in my Coyote days.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Well not much else done today.

Removed bumper

4773B59A-65F2-4036-BFD6-A509219ECE59_zpswssjuje5.jpg

Relocated horns for cold side clearance

A02315ED-F38B-44DD-BBF6-41294A013F5D_zpsamcvmhjm.jpg

Installed feed fitting for turbo

42D6FE5C-6ADA-4DCB-B458-F7ED5E9F11AA_zpsvlsv1i1w.jpg

Shaved the plastic dowel piece down for the water outlet so I can rotate it to clear the downpipe and installed the oil fittings in the beautiful sexy beast of a turbo but everybody has seen fittings so no pics... :D

Was going to drop the k member but turns out I won't have time until Monday and I don't wanna leave the trans resting on a jack all weekend so I'll wait... Plus I'm outta beer...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Man this thread make me want to ditch my plan to get a viper and just turbo my 5.0.
Very tempting, and in cali i dont have to smog for another 5 years since i bought it new. Must b nice not to worry about smog!!

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I appreciate it fellas. :rockon: Also turns out I may have to build another support bracket for the roush lower grille delete. The bracket won't clear this massive intercooler :D

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
"She will freak if she see's a car with 4,300 miles on it tore apart. I've already gotten "the look"

I get this all the time. hahaha

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Well got quite a bit done today. Didn't start till about 3pm but..

Got the k member unbolted and dropped. Basically fell outta the car. Supported trans/motor with another jack and strap and lowered away

E81EDDB0-9F73-4439-A78E-8EBB5FD71B56_zpsocvabghl.jpg

5F55081A-7EA6-4F94-BD9E-D4688A71D226_zpsuanjyra7.jpg

BF4921E2-166C-450A-9D66-13FC582566DB_zpsxuce6ggk.jpg

Also dropped the headers. Pass gave me a bit of a fight but drivers almost hit me in the noggin when it fell out

2B03CB93-0D54-4260-AAB4-DF279A0D3526_zpsgjzkijr1.jpg

Also got the oil pan ready to be dropped but I'll wait until tomorrow since I can't weld it right now anyway. Also for anyone else installing the kit, gotta remove the studs too. I was able to remove every nut to drop the headers with a 15mm socket on a 1/2 swivel and extension except for the front pass nut. Busted them loose with a ratchet and removed them with an impact. Worked perfectly

I'll weigh the k member vs the CPR/BMR one as well as the headers tomorrow before install. Should have the member, headers and oil pan back in tomorrow. I'm still outta beer... Lol

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Exactly. This pizza is ****ing amazing!!

And I definitely need beer before tomorrow. Tuchers to be specific :D I'm ready to bolt some go fast parts on this bitch! I've held off on any power mods for a year and a half for this!!

Users who are viewing this thread